I know, I know it is still totally summer. I am with you 100%. I LOVE summer. But when you come across a count down that says 50 days until Fall (I think closer to 40 now) and an article that Country Living Magazine came out with titled “Home Trends For Fall and What is Out!” It reminds you that there are some exciting things about fall. One of them is related to fall home decor of course.
My Favorite Things Country Living Predicted For Fall Decor-
- Dark Green and Blush- Country Living Predicts dark green and blush will be popular colors for this fall. If you are looking for new pillows look for pillows in these colors. I found THIS dark green pillow cover for under $10 and THIS blush round velvet pillow.
- Velvets- Pillows are a great way to add a touch of velvet and that texture for fall.
- Woven Texture- Baskets for plants and baskets on the wall make unique art.
- Matte Black- Accessories are the perfect way to add this trend to your home decor.
- Brass Is The New Copper- Real copper is always in, but try adding in brass with lanterns, frames and accessories.
- Bone Inlay- Think mirrors, side tables, frames and accessories
- Faux Finishes- Wallpaper- I am ALL about wallpaper. See below for the vinyl tile decal similar to my kitchen floor.
- All white decor is OUT and Interesting Bedding is IN- I agree for fall it is nice to add some color, think of all the colors in nature during fall. I do love all white bedding, but adding a throw or pillows to your bed will change it up for the fall. Love a throw at the end of a white duvet.
- Dark Paint- Paint a side table or a door a dark dramatic color for fall. Find all my favorite dark paints HERE.
#1-Green Ottoman HERE Burgandy Ottoman HERE // #2-Brass Lantern HERE // #3-Tile Vinyl Decal HERE // #4-Velvet Green Pillow Cover 20×20 HERE //#5- Black Canister HERE #6- Woven Throw Blanket HERE // #8- Mirror HERE //#7- Baskets HERE
Here are some Fall Inspired Inspiration photos. So if you are dreading that summer is coming to an end then these just might be the trick to get you excited…
This gorgeous room shows a lot of the fall trends that Country Living is predicting- velvets, black accessories, brass and dark walls. Oh and a little touch of blush. Source
Perfect example of adding some interest to all white bedding with a throw at the end of the bed and darker pillows. Love the dark walls in this room too. Source
A lot of the dark green showing up in this room and it is a nice contrast to all the white. Source
Notice the black lamp shades- that is a fall trend prediction with the black accessories and accents. Source
Remember the “woven texture” trend? Easy way to apply that is with a beach bag or basket and love the woven texture in the chandelier. Source
This is an older picture of our master bedroom- It is a good example of white bedding with pops of color and dark walls. Also another way to add “woven texture” with hats on the wall and a woven bowl I hung.
I hope you are little inspired for fall! I am working on adding some more “faux finishes” with wallpaper. I am excited to share the wallpaper I just hung above our “blush” piano! Here is a sneak peek… (you can find my new wallpaper HERE, I will will share more this week after I take some more pictures.)
On the email I send to all my subscribers I added what Country Living said was “OUT” for fall home decor. I also answered a readers design question today. Sign up for my email subscription below to get the inside scoop!