Hello! This past week I posted on my Instagram Stories videos of houses in our area that I love to ride our bikes by. You already know I am THAT person who creeps slowly by the cute houses hoping to peep inside. Finn and I were out on a bike ride and loving all of the Fall Decor and little touches of Halloween Decor that neighbors had made and thinking how lovely everything was. Until I came across the “Scary Halloween house” the one that went a little too far. I literally shielded Finn’s eyes! They actually splattered paint to look like blood (I am hoping it is just paint) up their sidewalk and all sorts of creepy men with guts hanging out. I am not too good at describing gross things. Basically it looks like a murder scene. I am ALL for getting festive and being passionate about your decor, but….I personally think it is a little too scary for the neighbors. It killed my “loving my neighborhood vibe” real quick.
So I put out a poll on Instagram Stories. A new feature I am loving! I asked who puts out Halloween Decor or just sticks to Fall. The results are in….. 46% YES while 54% NO! Interesting! More people (on my Instagram:) DO NOT decorate for Halloween. Well since there are still some of you interested in Halloween Decor, here are three of my favorite Tasteful Halloween Decor Ideas. No fake blood and guts here.
Michelle Janeen Halloween Mantle, love the bats and simple white skeletons.
Home is where the Hart Is Halloween Front porch is really well done- more bats!
Martha Stewart always does Halloween right!
Leave a comment telling us if you do Halloween Decor at your house?
- I just got THIS scarf for my front door and to wear. I hung it on our back door so you could see how I hung it off of a nail rather than my door knocker (a few people asked how to make it work off a nail). Basically do nothing- just hang the scarf off the nail…no fancy knots or bows. (Find my wreath HERE).
- THIS scarf was cute too and perfect for Christmas (both scarves on sale! 50% off right now, use code MORE).
- I get asked about the lights hanging over the girls beds all the time. I found THESE that are similar. (They are on sale for Friends and Family this weekend use code FAMFRIENDS for 30% off!).
- I have always love THIS rug, it is indoor and outdoor, love the big chunky fringe. (Most of their rugs are 50% off AND you can use code FAMFRIENDS for 30% off!). THIS rug is another favorite! Honestly if you need I rug, now is the time and they have great options!
- Speaking of my girls rooms I saw that Serena & Lily is having their Friends and Family Sale this weekend! I get asked often if I know when they have sales….so here you go! If you have wanted THIS hanging chair like ours, now is the time (code HAPPYDAYS).
- Also THESE baskets are my all time favorite. I actually don’t even own any, but they are on my wish list!
- And I can’t forget my favorite little white dipped stools! Find them HERE for 20% off with code HAPPYDAYS
- You know my favorite pillows right? Well she just came out with THESE that are the perfect base to your pillow collection…those pom pom’s!
- Black and White are the color of the season, I loved THIS sweater, fun statement piece (and cheapest place to get it that I found).
- One more favorite black and white blouse, anything with a bow is a favorite- HERE (EXTRA 40% off this weekend on sale!).
- Having a set of White Euro Shams is a staple for my home decor, I love THESE with a little more style (and on major sale this weekend, extra 40% off SALE). Also THESE shams with the black fringe are out of control cute! And THIS floral sham….thinking for my bedroom for Fall/Winter!
I hope you all have a great weekend! I will be back next week to answer your design questions, share a recipe with a blog group and I thought it would be fun to do a post on all the before and after’s of our home. So stay tuned!