We have had Spring Break all week for my girls. We did a little staycation. We went to the Zoo, rode bikes, played at the beach, parks and enjoyed the gorgeous weather. This Easter Sunday it is supposed to be high 70’s here in CT and we are thrilled! We have some fun things planned for Easter. Sad to be away from family on Holiday’s but looking forward to making some yummy things for my family for Easter dinner and breakfast. I am sharing some Easter Recipes that caught my eye this past week while planning our Easter menu, a new way we tried for coloring our Easter eggs and some other favorite things from the past week!
- Favorite thing right now is all the spring blooms on the trees everywhere! I cut a few branches from our yard and brought them inside. Easiest Easter Decor!
- I found a really yummy Ham recipe HERE it is Paleo and sweetened with apples and a little honey.
- I also noticed THIS ham recipe too- it has A LOT of likes and Pins on Pinterest- looks really tasty too, sweetened with Brown Sugar.
- I made THESE Empty Tomb rolls for my church class last year and my girls asked about me making this year too. They were a yummy treat and a sweet Easter message to share.
- I shared this Paleo Pineapple Coconut Cake last week HERE I am going to make that for dessert.
- Speaking of baking THESE are my favorite utensils for cooking and baking. They are cute and also on sale for only $8 each!
- You know I love to decorate with Pineapple’s from my front door knocker to the art in my kitchen. I found THIS pineapple trivet…in gold! Too cute.
- We are having family pictures taken tomorrow! I really don’t like getting my picture taken so getting a new outfit will help. I picked up THIS shirt for me. I need to get something for my husband to wear, or maybe just shop his closet:)
- This coming week we are going to work on our front porch, most everything I ordered has come in. My favorite piece is THIS hanging planter! It is the perfect size for a hanging plant by your front door. (I did the 8″ H one)
- I just finished listening to The Husbands Secret, I really liked it. Have you read it? I am hosting bookclub in May and that is the book. You better believe there will be Hot Cross Buns:) I found THIS recipe. Perfect for Easter breakfast too! I just started Big Little Lies, liking it so far.
- We dyed our Easter Eggs the other day. We used a technique of using Cool Whip and food coloring to give it a tie-dye look that I saw on the Food Network when I was running on the treadmill at the gym the other day. I was trying to pay close attention (with sweat dripping in my eyes) and thought it looked fun and easy so we gave it a try!
Easter Eggs Tie-Dye with Cream
Basically we split up small amounts of cool whip into bowls.
Added drops of food coloring (any color combo you like) to the cool whip and spread it around with a knife.
Rolled the hard boiled eggs in the cool whip.
Let the eggs sit with the cool whip on them for about 30 minutes before washing off.
That’s it! They all turned out so unique and really pretty!
The girls favorite part was testing the cool whip and they love to eat the hard boiled eggs after too.
Wishing you all a wonderful Easter weekend with a lot of taste testing!