I LOVE Fridays. I actually have something to love about everyday. Don’t you? But Fridays are typically my “house day”. I am getting projects done around the house. I do most the deep cleaning, washing sheets, de-cluttering from the mess we might have made from the week. The biggest mess is un-seen in the basement! I like to get the big chores done so we can play with the kids and have a fun weekend. Do you tackle projects and cleaning on Fridays? Or do you have one day that you do the deep cleaning? We do laundry all through the week and vacuum daily. Makes me super thankful for only 1100 square feet on cleaning days!
We have a big un-finished basement (that won’t be finished ever because of our flood zone). The tools are down there too and if we are working on projects they have just kind-of been thrown down there after. Kevin finally got a decent size tool box and that should keep everything more organized. And have been so much better about getting rid of things rather than taking to the basement thinking I might use it in our decor again. But still needs some work, huge improvement from what it was. I sell things I am not going to use anymore on local Facebook selling sites or to friends. Mostly I donate clothes to local shelters. Just started using Poshmark and sold a ton of Lululemon workout clothes I never wear!
Planning on sharing the basement with our “Small House Series” when I do our home! We also made the entrance to the basement a little nicer, excited to show you that next week!
Today I am sharing some of my simple favorites from the week!
I decided I have a new favorite flower. And I want to find it to plant in our yard! Astilbe, they are the flowers in the vase on our counter. Kevin brought home that little arrangement for me the other day and I separated the different flower styles into different vases. I don’t love to mix my flowers….it feels too formal in our house to make an arrangement. Do you do that too? (Still loving our new faucet, info on that HERE).
- Cover-Up- I couldn’t decide on just one! I ordered two swim suit cover-ups and then I can pick one when they arrive! THIS one and THIS one on sale! Now I just need a swim suit! ha.
- Pink Door– Most Lovely Things painted her front door PINK! It is so good. See what color she used HERE
- Book- Girl Wash Your Face HERE. Many of you suggested this book to me! I am only a quarter of the way in but I love it!
- Tank Top- I had a lot of questions when I wore THIS tank top. It says “Be You, Do You, For You.”
- Micro Blading- I got my eyebrows micro bladed last week and I LOVE them! I had told you last week that I did it a year and a half ago. It is something that needs to be touched up about every year (cost me $250 for touch-up). So worth it in my opinion. It doesn’t hurt much at all. Some areas were more sensitive, but not bad. The only thing is you can’t work out for 48 hours after (some say 10 days). I actually work out the day after but avoid heavy sweating. I have ZERO eyebrows, super light. This is a time saver and also saves me from looking like a dweeb in the summer when half my eyebrow melts off!
- New Glasses- I was sucked into getting new glasses. I have horrible vision -4.75 and always worry that I run out of contacts and cant find my glasses! My last pair I ordered from the same company and ended up costing around $100 with prescription! You can try 5 on at home! Just order off of their website the 5 you want to sample. After you pick one you can order them online and even submit your prescription. Find the company HERE. I quickly took these selfies when I was trying to decide. And might as well show you all! What glassed are your favorite for me?
- @allisonmannella duplicated our S’More Kit idea! I love that she used THIS picnic basket. Many of you have duplicated this too and have plans of giving it as a Mother’s Day gift or for a Teacher gift!
- @lesliedmorgan Re-created my little ribbon trick and did it so well! Also she layered TWO wreaths to make one large full wreath for a more affordable price!