This week has flown by, with kids getting out early and today being a day off from school. I have been kind of in a funk lately. I think we are all our worst critics, it really is sad. Lately I want to change everything in our house. Then I self reflect and think do I just feel that way because I am a designer/blogger who is exposed to too much? I went to someones house last week and oh man it was BEYOND cute. Like I would move right in and be happy. It was big, new, white, on the beach, lots of ship lap, lots of charm. It put me in a mood after seeing it. I finally snapped out of it- but it took me a day to move on. I realized those thoughts were not of God, we have a perfectly lovely home that is safe and warm from the freezing cold. We are blessed.
It is all about perspective. Love where you are now. So I told myself. Do you ever get like that?
With those thoughts I have some of my favorites and fun home decor ideas for some Friday fun and it all starts with a mini Home Tour…
- Wayfair just shared my home over on their website, titled “House Tour: Step Inside This Cozy Cape.” They had interviewed me with some fun questions. You can catch the entire tour HERE.
- THIS Instagram account is probably one of my favorites for design. I love that she uses color in the homes she designs. Not everything is cream. There is charm, character and a stop you dead in your tracks thing going on. Below is a kitchen she just posted. I love it all.
- For Valentines my hubby got me THIS candle and it just make me happier to have it glowing in the corner of our kitchen. Not to mention it smells like a tropical vacation- coconut anything is for me.
- I made my sweetheart THESE cookies or Valentines. I made them double the size and added walnuts (my new favorite add-in) and chocolate chips. He went out of town again so I put them in a big Tupperware and froze them for him to take on his work trip with him. He sent me the below picture the first night away saying he felt loved with the cookies and the little heart Ella made for him.
- I am really wanting one of THESE floor lamps. I first saw them in Inspired By Charms Home Tour. I loved how he used his to replace his chandelier. I am trying to decide between THIS one and THIS one for my front room, we could use some more lighting.
- I have wanted to paint my piano again for some time now. I think I am going to do it! I have a can of white chalk paint just waiting to be used. So I think I will go for it this weekend and share it soon. What do you think?
- We are always trying to find the best ways to keep our tiny home organized. And baskets seem to do the trick. I just got this darling handmade basket from Prairie St. Mercantile. I love it so much and the lid is perfect to hide all of Finn’s toys. (It is from the same Etsy shop that my girls baskets are from in their room HERE).
- I have actually been getting rid of a lot of things. I started to just do one room a day- just set a timer for 30 minutes and look at it with fresh eyes. THIS was a good article of things to get rid of. I thought I was getting rid of things- but now I need to dig deeper!
Make sure to subscribe to my blog below- I will be sharing next week what I made and froze for dinners for the entire week in just a few hours. It has been a game changer in our home.
Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!