Gearing up for Spring Break this coming week and thinking how I will entertain my children?! Seeing that it really won’t be “Spring Weather” more rain in the forecast and closer to 40-50 degrees. If you have any great ideas, please help a friend out! Did I tell you I ordered a big play-set for the kids for an Easter gift? I am hopeful it will arrive and be installed this coming week but it is looking more like the following. I think tomorrow we will head into NYC to the Children’s Art Museum and go somewhere fun to eat. Love to hear what you are up to! For my Friday Favorites I have some “Simple” ideas for you! Simple pillow change, simple curb appeal and other simple Favorites.
Simple Sofa Change-
I was playing around with the pillows on our sofa in our front room and decided to take the back cushions off and make it just a pillow-back sofa! I felt like I was constantly fluffing the back cushions and Finn kept standing on them. I know, he CAN still stand on the throw pillows. But the back cushions don’t fluff up as easily so he was damaging them. We will try this for now. The pillows I have are 24″ with down inserts. Actually one of them isn’t down and it is driving me bonkers! I am going to go to Ikea today to grab a couple of the 26″ down inserts for a few pillows I have. (White Pillow HERE // Gray Pillow HERE // Pink Rug Pillow IKEA sold in stores only).
Simple Secretary Desk-
Unfortunately my Secretary Desk is discontinued. One of may readers asked about it to Target and they said it is coming back. I really love the size and storage it offers. I have gotten a lot of requests to share other options so here you go! Some are on sale and some are just a great value.
#2- Pottery Barn Secretary Desk I like the hardware on this piece and all the compartments!
#4- Secretary Desk with Cubbies I LOVE all the cubbies and this one is a really good price! It has file storage too.
#5- Gray Secretary Desk This one is the least expensive at $149! You could really add some character to it with new hardware even spray painting what is there gold!
A few other (simple) Favorites from the week-
- I will be sharing our bathroom remodel this coming week! I have showed you the shower curtain I got. I found THIS one for half the price and it comes in gray and blush.
- Ordered THESE shoes for summer! Really great deal. I had some similar last year and wore them out! Happy to find a replacement.
- I am working on a fun blog post about curb appeal that won’t be out until May. I came across THIS Brass Rain Chain. I am dreaming where I could use one.
- My favorite little outdoor settee is on SALE until tomorrow! Find it HERE I have it and my friend does too!
- Stopped by our local book store and snapped a picture of the “Lifestyle Best Selling Books”. I downloaded “Make Your Bed” on Audible because a few of you recommended it over on Instagram. It is good so far. I think I will listen to “Designing Your Life” next. Have you read or listened to any of these? I have listened to #3 and liked it.
Favorite (simple) Nester Share! (something I inspired you to do or from our FB Group)
- Erika shared this in Nesting with Grace FB Group (you just have to be an email subscriber to join)- “A fellow nester, Emily, suggested I get a carriage kit for my garage (found one on Amazon HERE), and dang, she was spot on! I had NO IDEA these things existed, especially affordably, so I really love this group for all the great ideas! I also ordered THESE faux window magnets – sure, they look fake up real close, but from the street, they look truly realistic! Believe it or not this was a $85 transformation (you could even find cheaper kits than that) and it all took about 5 minutes! Yes! 5 minutes! I can’t wait to swap out our light fixtures for black ones, power wash the cement walkway, and plant some pretty plants in my new planters (it snowed here yesterday lol) – we’re on our way to curb appeal though!”
I LOVED this simple update! I had never heard of this before. Instant SIMPLE curb appeal. Also she painted her door black, added a wreath with fun ribbon, and THIS “Hope you like Cats” doormat. (I just ordered it for my mom for mothers day! I don’t think she reads my blog. haha).
Keep it simple. Don’t over think it…just TRY it!
Wishing you a lovely SIMPLE weekend.