(Photo from a reader @akindreddwelling who made the soup the next day after I shared on Instagram!)
- I made a soup on Sunday when we had the missionaries over for dinner. White Bean Chicken Chili. My sister had made it last month when she visited and my kids gobbled it up! We made it again and it was a hit with our guests and the kids. You know if they kids will take it to school the next day in their lunches, you have a winner. I shared the recipe to my Instagram Stories and I got so many messages asking for the recipe again and then about five people made it the next day and tagged me in photos of their soup! So here is the recipe for you!
White Bean Chicken Chili Recipe-
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 4 oz cans chopped green chilis
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups cooked chicken (I used rotisserie chicken)
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 3 16 0z cans Northern White Beans (not drained)
- 3 cups Monterery jack cheese (shredded)
I am a crock pot fan so I simply added all of this (excluding the cheese) to the crock pot. Cook on low for 6 hours. Then added the cheese to individual bowls after. (You can cook on the stove and sauté the onions in 2 tablespoons olive oil then add everything (excluding the cheese) once onions are soft. Cook over medium heat for 30 minutes).
TJMaxx Online Favorite Things-
- Several readers have messaged me with things they have bought off of TJMAXX website! I have looked on it before and forgot about it. Today I am sharing my Top Picks from TJMAXX Online. Like THIS pillow knock-off is less than HALF of the price I paid for mine from Serena & Lily.
#1- Ottoman with tassels///#2- Faux Fur Pillow /// #3- Hanging Plant ///#4- Side Table with Gold Legs ///
#5- Pillow Anthropolgie Knock-off /// #6- Bulb Lamp
/// #7- White Serena & Lily Knock-Off /// #8- Planter // #9- Indoor/Outdoor Chairs /// #10- Rugs! ///
#11- Rug with Navy /// #12- Side Table
I helped my friends with their front room remodel a couple months ago and now they are ready to buy chairs! When I shared the after of this project I had someone say that it feels off balanced and that it is weird we didn’t do something under the TV. Hindsight, I should have mentioned that we knew we would add a chair and a console under the TV eventually in the blog post. But most of us working on our homes do things in stages and while we want to pretend it is a TV show and it is all done in the blink of an eye, it isn’t. I could have brought a chair from my home to “stage” it. But why not show that it is ok to share the process! (see their entire Fireplace Makeover and this room HERE).
My friend made a console table, I will show that once we get the chair. So help us decide on a chair! Also this is a really good example of how helpful a Design Board is when selecting furniture. (See how to make your own Design Board HERE).
My friend voted for #2 but I am leaning to #1 to break up all the grays and navy. What do you think??
I had a email subscriber ask for a help in picking her chairs so I made her a design board too. I don’t do this for every question, I thought this was another example of showing how important a Design Board is!
“I’m in a middle of a living room makeover and I need so much help. I made the mistake of starting to redo the living room without having a design board (thanks for the blog post on that subject). We are replacing some of the furniture and we bought the couch against the window. I want to find a pair of chairs to replace the faux leather couch that’s against the bar facing the windows. I think I’ve found chairs that I like, that are unique, but still fit with a mountain home feel. I also need to buy a 12×12 rug, and add colorful accents.” Sarah
The first two chairs are the chairs she is deciding between. I like the idea of a lighter gray to pull in the rock in her fireplace and brighten it up a little. Also showing two rug options- these rugs would be a great base on what colors to pick for pillows too- mixing in the lighter blues, creams and grays.
Dark Leather /// Dark Gray Fabric /// Black Spindle Arm /// Light Gray and Wood
Blue Rug /// Aztek Rug
Favorites from the week-
- I added a temporary wallpaper tutorial to THIS blog post. The “nesters” over in our Facebook Group asked for a live tutorial on temporary wallpaper. Kevin was dragged into the demo, he helped me quickly show how easy it is! (If you are an email subscriber you can join our Private Facebook Group HERE).
- Organizing our kitchen drawers. I bought THESE bamboo liners for our new vanity upstairs and decided I need them in our kitchen too!
- Next week I will be sharing our upstairs bathroom reveal! Until then I added all of our bathroom pieces to my Shop My Home Page for those patiently waiting for the sources!
- I was in charge of an activity for our Church this past week. We had a birthday celebration celebrating the date our organization of women was started called “Relief Society”. As I was looking up what our mission is it is to- Cheer, Bless and offer Relief. I found an idea on Pinterest for a Birthday activity that they had everyone bring cake mixes, jars of frosting, candles, sprinkles, really anything in the realm of a Birthday Celebration. We ended up assembling 75 bags! Some just had frosting and a cake mix. We are going to take them to our local food pantry where families can pick up a cake mix to celebrate a loved ones birthday. This is our way of blessing, cheering and offering relief. My friend said that this is such a great way for those struggling to feel normal and to not have to stress about a fun event. I think this would be a good idea for any party- in lieu of gifts!