I just read that to be organized you “don’t have to hide everything away.” That is so true- having a few things handy out on our kitchen counters has been a huge time saver! Just find the best looking version of what you want out! I change what is on our kitchen counters about daily. Sometimes it is a little tweek here or there and other times it is a complete overhaul. A few things always stay. I took a couple of quick pics this past Sunday after my hubby gave me my Valentines presents because well he knows my favorite place to shop and knows my favorite place in the house to buy me something for. I try to keep our counter tops simple- but I do realize they are not. I like to keep the small kitchen appliances in the cupboards, like the blender and toaster. I like to say- even though we use those small appliance everyday we can pull them out daily just like our cups and plates. I like functional things on our kitchen counters- as long as they are pretty too.
I just picked up the marble cutting board with the brass handles at Home Goods on clearance for $8. I love that it creates a base for my little collection of things.
- Marble Utensil Holder– is a new addition, we use the utensils in it daily especially the gold scissors. They look good and are super handy to have out.
- Oil Jar- I have had for years and it is convenient to have a small jar of Olive Oil out- we keep the large Costco size jug in our cupboard.
- Hello Lovely Marble Board– that is one of my Valentine gifts! It came with the mini gold knife. Oh I love it.
- Jar with air tight wood lid– hold my new FAVORITE drink that curbs my appetite for sweets, I wrote about it HERE. I keep a little gold teaspoon in it to measure out my servings.
- Glass Bottle- I love to keep a little fresh clipping in that mini jar to brighten up the space.
- Pink Matches– They have a little spot to light the match on the bottom, needed for the candles that are glowing daily.
- Salt and Pepper- Those were a birthday gift from a friend, anything mini and white I just love.
We got a magnetic knife holder! I talked about this on my Friday post HERE. I ordered new knives for my hubby for Valentines and haven’t gotten them yet. So the old rusty ones are up. BTW I just read that you aren’t supposed to wash knives in the dishwasher- hence the rust.
- Hot Pad– I just got the hot pad. I was tired searching for a hot pad through my drawer of dish towels. So I found one that I would like to keep out all the time and that could hang on my knife holder. I think this will make me happier!
- Kitchen Timer– We don’t have a microwave or a timer on the stove. So that timer is used daily, several times actually.
- White Bowls- A set of stackable white bowls in a staple to any kitchen I think. I use ours often for salads and to hold extra fruit on the counter.
That gold tea kettle is always out on our stove. In the cold months I have tea daily and I also like the looks of it. So it might stay out all summer! These little white canisters I have had for years and years. They actually could use a refresh. They are filled with pistachios and Truvia packets right now.
This side of the kitchen always has-
- Marble Cutting Board– I use those mostly to set things on that I don’t want on our counter tops. Occasionally for a quick apple cut.
- Marble Rolling Pin– We do actually use that often. Especially for my Pot Pie and our Swedish Cream Wafers last week.
- Glass Jars- I get asked about those often. I like that they have a suction lid top. I keep Almond flour, White Flour and Coconut Flour in the jars along with a scoop in each. (similar HERE)
- Cutting Boards- I typically stack cutting boards here and use them for serving different things, like fresh bread.
My kitchen sink always has-
- Mini White Cake Stand– this holds our dish soap in a mini white pitcher that has a little stopper in the top that I poked a hole through for the soap to come out slowly
- Wood Scrub Brush– this rests on the mini cake stand, I like the wood finish and don’t mind leaving it out rather than a plastic scrub brush
- Flower Holder- I always keep some sort of fresh flowers right by the sink. I rotate out what I hold the flowers in. But there are always flowers, they just brighten the kitchen and my day.
- Dish Towels- There is always a dish towel hanging on the sink or around. You can find my favorite dish towels HERE.
There you have it! I might do a post tomorrow for what I have moved around- just kidding, well about the post not about moving things around.
You can find more about our kitchen HERE.
Also how I keep things organized in our tiny kitchen HERE.