Friday Favorites is a siding update along with some other favorite things! We have been busy putting things back together after our new Cedar Impressions were installed! The big question was if we should put our black vinyl shutters back up. Funny thing is I had not even thought about it until the installers asked me, rather than just putting it all back how it was. It is ALWAYS good to question (that coming from a born “Questioner”). So then I thought hmmmm, maybe I shouldn’t! After much deliberation and help from a lot of you, we went with no shutters in the back! I will share tomorrow what we did on the front. Kevin also asked me about the string lights we had and if I wanted the guys to put those back. I decided no and ordered new white string lights! And I really love how simple it feels.
If you remember from THIS blog post we hung black string lights and shared how we did it. We decided to go with THESE White Lights. The white lights are shorter than the black string lights so we used two strands of white lights and even with two strands there are still less than the black. It feels less busy against the new cedar impressions.
There is no outdoor plug. So we strung a thin extension cord through the second floor window (so we can keep the window closed). The window is upstairs and as lazy as it sounds I didn’t want to run up the stairs every night to plug it in. We used a self timer that goes on every night and off. Makes it very convenient. (You can find exactly how we strung them HERE).
Also with our new siding we decided to try THESE hooks instead of drilling into the siding for our BEACH sign. They did not work for our type of siding. But I know they work for regular vinyl siding. We ended up using really small screws in white. You can see below where we drilled into the crack to avoid any large holes.
Favorites from the week-
- Doorbell was a big hit on my Curb Appeal Post. I found a coupon code for you too- XBPHL2501689 for 20% off! I used the code on several other things too from Rejuvenation!
Kevin and the girls gave me all of the items below for Mothers Day! (Minus the Coverup that I already have and love)
- Turkish Towel($22.99) comes in assorted colors too. I love a Turkish towel for the beach because it is light weight and drys fast.
- Flipflops (starting at $14!) They are so soft and my favorite!
- Summer Beach Tank Cover Up($15.99) I wore this as a workout top too.
- Supergoop Every Day Sunscreen($19) awesome everyday sunscreen. I apply this before I do my makeup on my face and body when we go swimming. Does not leave my face greasy.
- Supergoop Refresh Setting Mist ($28) ok this stuff is good! It is sunscreen that you spray on top of your makeup to set it. Not greasy or oily. Love that you can take it to the beach and refresh your face easily.
- Beach Bag($14.99) Nice bag with inner lining.
- Fringe Coverup ($69.99 use code FLASH for 50% off) FAVORITE coverup that I wear over a tank top too!
Favorite Nester Share
I LOVE seeing what you are up to! Over in Nesting with Grace Facebook Group (5,700 members!) Laura Jean shared her hallway. Such a great BEFORE and AFTER! Amazing what THIS Peel and Stick Wallpaper can do and a Magic Light Trick!
I will be back tomorrow to share the front exterior and we painted our front door a new color! Have a great Friday with lots of Nesting!
Shop all our back deck furniture below (click on an image to shop)