We just got back from an amazing trip to Maui! Kevin surprised me for my Birthday gift and invited our family and a few friends to come with us! Thoughtful gift giver he is! We have been to Maui a couple times and basically do the same things every trip! We referenced this Maui Blog Post I wrote a few years ago, it has all our favorite things to do, eat and the best beaches in Maui. Today I am just sharing photos from the trip, like a personal journal entry (get ready for photo explosion) and also answering your frequently asked questions as well as links to things I wore.
This was the Maui crew! Kevin, and our kids plus Ella’s BFF from CT came! My siblings, (my sister Brittany and her family, sister Mandy and her boyfriend, my brother Dustin and his wife) my mom (my dad tested positive for Covid, thankfully was feeling ok, but we missed him!) and my friends Stacy and Laila plus their husbands. Kevin’s mom, step dad, sister and her family, happened to also be vacationing there at the same time, they came with us a couple times.
Kevin really put so much work into this trip, and went above and beyond making everyone feel comfortable and have a good time. Not easy planning trip for a large group and with travel restrictions. Thank you Kevin for making me feel extra love for my 40th Birthday!
I got a lot of questions on what the travel requirements were to get to Maui, you can google the most current travel requirements (because they change often). When we went we had to show proof of negative Covid test or proof of vaccine. I would recommend finding an approved place and test before you get to airport (stressful not knowing until right before). You did not need to show a proof of vaccine at any restaurant we ate at (we saw one in Paia and Mama’s Fish House that required it). Also my mother in law said a golf course required vaccine card too. I just recommend doing your research before traveling.
We stayed at Honua Kai Resort. You couldn’t see the beach, but it was just a short 5 minute walk away. We liked that we could cook meals on the nice patio, the pool was nice, food trucks were really close and Dukes restaurant.
What to bring when traveling to Maui-
- Beach towel for each person
- Pancho or small rain jacket
- Snorkel gear can be rented from Boss Frogs ($42 to rent for the week vs $80 to buy and pack- they take up a lot of space)
- Life jackets can be rented at Boss Frogs
- Teva Sandals (for hiking)
- Beach chairs can be rented at Boss Frogs or a good reason to stay at a place that has them to use (our rental had a bunch of beach chairs, coolers and boogie boards)
- Backpack or bag or hiking and beach
- Horn Sunglasses– my favorite pair for glasses!
- Chums– I found some in Maui, love the jewelry on the sunglasses
- Side-Cinch Shopper Bag– favorite new bag! I used it as a carry-on and at the beach!
- Everywhere Belt Bag– best fanny pack for travel and hiking
- High-waisted Dot Bottoms– these come in matching sets for the entire family- we have them!
- Trucker Hat OUI– always need a hat after swimming!
- Trucker Hat CIAO– keep the sun off your face
- Etched Coin Necklace Set– kids gave me this for Christmas, love the longer chain
- Forever JW Original Pendant Coin– I wear this everyday, it was a gift and I adore it
- Straw Visor and Solid Color Visor– this is so cute! I have the tan and cream combo…now I want every color!
- Teva Sandal– I wish I had these for hiking! Several people did and they worked great.
- Big Buckle Birkenstocks– I wore this often in Maui, the gold made it easy to dress up or down.
- Sandstone Scoop Crop– this was a new shop to me to get swimsuits, I liked it to wear as a top and then swim.
- Mini Water Resistant Backpack– my girls both have these backpacks, we took them hiking and they used them at the beach!
- Favorite Shorts– I have a lot of colors of these shorts!!! They fit so well, true to size.
Pictures from Maui-
Make sure to read this blog post with a list of all our favorite places in Maui!