Friends. Friends and Cutting Boards. That sounds like I am going to say all the ways friends are like cutting boards. No. Just my friends visited last week for one day, really like 6 hours. My friends appreciate the little details in my home and tell me! I do the same for them. It gave me a boost to have them visit and also left me missing them and a little sad. I do have friends in CT but I feel like the friends I have here already have their really good friends they have known forever and family close. Most people in our area grew up here and know everyone. I remember when we moved to CT three years ago I really wanted to make some friends. I made a goal to put away my phone when we were out. So if I was waiting for my girls at tumbling I tried to talk to other moms and gain connection, not stare at my phone. It took some time but I made friends. At my gym, with my girls friends parents and at my church. I still long for those “best friends” that I have in UT. The ones who think of me first to do things with. That sounds a little sad. I didn’t mean it to. I think with my friends in UT they are our couple friends too, so it is easier to hang out with all of us. Ok that was not the direction I was wanting to take that. If you live away from “home” then you get what I am talking about. Moving onto cutting boards! When my friends were at my house they asked about my cutting boards and where I have gotten the million that I have. So I thought I would share with all of you too!
Most of the cutting boards I have I have collected at second hand shops, I got one at a yard sale, a couple from Home Goods, Anthropolgie, Amazon and Etu’ Home. I thought it would be fun to show the different ways I have them displayed in our home and how I use them. I will also link some of my favorites I found recently.
- I love cutting boards as a base for all your kitchen goodies and also leaning on your counter or cart as “art”. The lower tray cutting board I found at Homes Goods the other wood one was from a second hand store. Below is what it looked like a few months ago (from THIS post)…fun to see it two ways!
- Two ways to use a cutting board in our family room- not your typical place to see a cutting board.
- Use a cutting board under a plant as a base and to make your pot fill larger. Also protects the wood on your bookcase incase the water leaks. My large cutting board is from Etu’Home they have an amazing collection of cutting boards.
- Cutting boards are the new tray! I keep an extra one in our family room to use for puzzles, coloring, or treats!
- Also love how Gaelle used her cutting board in her kitchen (See this Coastal Home Tour HERE).
Below are some of my favorite cutting boards- click on an image to shop it!
- Someone over on our Nesting with Grace Facebook Group said they wanted ideas for larger accessories. My friends and I were shopping at one of favorite stores and fell in love with THESE. I would be so bold to say you will never get sick of these and they have different sizes depending on what you need!
- While we were shopping my friend Lindsay bought a couple of THESE candles to give as gifts to her family for helping with her kids. I keep thinking I need to go back and get one for myself, they smelled amazing!
- My friend Rachel bought an expandable metal rack, I found a similar HERE because I loved it so much! My daughters have a wood version in their room.
- And since I am sharing what we bought while we were out shopping I picked up THIS for my hubby…to use with our fire-pit. I think he will heat up his s’more but you could also do a lot more!
- Then while I was looking online I saw THIS! So fun if you have a big fire-pit, I am ordering as a gift for someone I know will LOVE it!
- I have noticed that black accents are making their way back in. I personally like to see it in small doses to add some depth to a space. Nate Burkas has said every room needs a touch of black. I came across THESE curtain panels on sale. I like the contrast and visually make a room look wider!
- I was asked for ideas on displaying family photos. I have ours hanging up our stairs and mix others in frames in bookcases. I will be sharing our family pics on our stairs soon! But I loved THIS post and where she hung her art.
- One more time talking about my friends:) I asked both of them what Podcasts they have recently listened to. Rachel said Up and Vanished. It reminds me of Serial (I know a lot of you loved that Podcast). I have been binge listening to it and really like it. I like that it actually gets SOLVED during the Podcast (and thanks of the Podcast). I cried when the guy who started the Podcasts Grandma leaves him a voicemail saying how proud she was of him for starting the Podcast and solving this mystery.
- I personally listened to The Life Coach School with Brooke Castillo. I have only listened to a few of her episodes but enjoy them so far. (I share more of my favorite Podcasts on THIS post).
- I revisited THIS three ingredient Raw Paleo Brownie Recipe. It SAVED me!! I was craving a sweet (I am doing a 6 week Paleo Challenge and I was craving a sweet. Those brownies hit the spot, easy and healthy. I cut mine into tiny bite size pieces, kind of like a little chocolate piece to have after dinner. (my kids love them too).
I hope you all have a great weekend! I will be back Monday to answer my Email Subscriber Design Dilemmas. If you want to subscribe to my blog (to receive an email when a new post comes out) to be able to ask me one Free question you can subscribe below… (also I am about two weeks out on getting back to questions, if you want an answer quicker then subscribe to my blog to join our private Facebook group!)