We have been loving our Blackstone, or I should say Kevin has been loving cooking on it and I love whatever he makes! And I am thankful we have less pans to wash! You can cook everything on the Blackstone. We made fajitas the other night, cooked the veggies, tortillas and meat all in one spot! Thought I would share the recipe and a gift guide for the chef or baker!
Taco Seasoning Recipe
First make your own Taco Seasoning! So easy to make and you know what is in it! We like to put all the spices into one of these jars and shake it up to use for lots of meals!
- 1/4 cup cumin
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
Paleo Tortilla Recipe
Easy tortilla recipe that tastes better than store bought tortillas! Plus they are paleo and gluten-free!
- 6 eggs
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup arrowroot powder
- 3 teaspoons coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoons sea salt
- Put all the ingredients in a blender or beat in a mixing bowl
- Heat Blackstone
- Pour about 1/4 cup of the batter onto the Blackstone and immediately use the back of the spoon to create a thin circle.
- The tortilla will start to bubble when it is ready to flip.
- You can store this in the fridge for later and heat up when ready to use
- This recipe makes about 8 tortillas
Really not much of a recipe! But I wrote out exactly what we did to cook the meat and veggies!
- Chop up meat. Coat with olive oil then evenly spread taco sensing over the top to create a marinade. Stir it and cover it. Let marinate for at least an hour in the fridge.
- Chop veggies, we love yellow, red and green peppers, plus onions, sprinkle with salt and drizzle olive oil over them.
- Heat Blackstone with olive oil.
- Add meat to heated Blackstone and cook.
- Lastly add your veggies and cook until softened.
- Add more Taco seasoning to taste as you cook.
Serve with salsa, avocado and other favorite fajita toppings! Enjoy!
Gift Guide for the Chef, Baker and Kitchen Lover-
- Round Cutting Board with leather What can I say I have a weakness for cutting boards!!
- Mixing Bowls– this is something I LOVE getting, you can never have too many bowls…especially if you are a baker and entertainer. This set of forest mixing bowls are gorgeous.
- Silicone Spatula Set– these can handle up to 600 degrees! They are the best for not damaging your pans!
- Always Pan– LOVE this pan! It replaces like 7 pans! I bought one for my MIL, Grandma, Mom, Kevin’s Step-mom and for my sisters!
- Buffalo Check Napkin Set As you know we have eliminated using paper towels, so these napkins are a must during dinner times! Great gift!
- Unlimited Scissors I read that a chef uses these scissors “as much as any other tool in the kitchen”
- Lemon Tree– what a fun gift this would be! Perfect to have when all the greenery from Christmas comes down. “Meyer Lemons let you whip up flavorful drinks, treats. Nature’s air freshener: you’ll have fragrant blooms every spring!“
- Glass Tumbler– these cups complete a pretty dinner setting, They come in 3 colors and I love the vintage vibe.
- Matching Spice Jars– We used to have spices all over our kitchen cabinets, we would buy big Costco brand spices and they would eventually go stall or bad. These cute jars help you only purchase the amount of spices you need and they stay fresh!
- Measuring cups with walnut handle– so pretty and functional too! Help your loved one ditch the plastic measuring cups!
- Cookbook- Half Baked Harvest- Super Simple– NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER • “There’s something for everyone in these 125 easy, show-stopping recipes: fewer ingredients, foolproof meal-prepping, effortless entertaining, and everything in between, including vegan and vegetarian options!“
- Conversion Chart– Print out this stylish conversion chart and put in a pretty frame. Instant art and also very handy to have in the kitchen! Budget friendly gift!
- Batter Bowl- Stoneware– one of the most asked about things is our batter bowl. I found this folk art bowl and ordered it immediately! So unique!!
- Blackstone– we have this 28″ Blackstone – find the 36″ Blackstone on sale here– We LOVE our new Blackstone, it has basically replaced all of our pan clean up and it is super easy and convenient to use.
- Butter Warmer– besides being the cutest thing ever! You can easily warm butter, heat of sauces….caramel anyone?? Then serve sauces and dips right out of it!