I stopped into Target the other day to quickly see the new Opalhouse line that everyone was talking about. I really am aware and don’t want my blog to be about buying more or getting more. If you are not in the position or don’t have the need for new home decor items, I think there is still value in seeing what is new. My hope is that you might look at what you already have and think of how to display it differently or it will give you fresh set of eyes for your home. Spring is all about a refresh, growth and excitement! I am personally inspired just walking around my favorite shops and seeing what is new. I did get excited for Spring and Summer. I didn’t purchase anything the first time I went. I went home and then thought of a couple pieces I would like to try and went back when we were in the area. Thought I would share my Favorite Things from Target and what I thought of Opalhouse.
Favorite Centerpiece– Cluster of glass jars with a plant and some fresh clippings. It is light and airy. I had THIS double wall green vase that I set the gold planter with the Clover plant inside (that plant has been so hearty! Trick is to not overwater). Picked up THIS clear belly vase, it is a gorgeous timeless piece, I know I will enjoy it and use it for a long time. (I like THESE mini votive holders and use them in several spots).
That idea with the two glass vases is more for a larger table. For our 40″ round table I just like to keep one thing on the table- simple and then we don’t have to move it when we eat. Try to keep things Hygge, low maintenance. Keeping in mind our home should serve US not us serve IT.
Favorite Tray– THIS black tray was one piece from the Opalhouse Collection that I kept thinking about. I picked it up for our coffee table outside! I LOVE it! I also know it would work well in a couple spots in our home. I like to purchase things that I know would work well in multiple places in our home. Also got THIS wood planter and added a cluster of fresh succulents to it. The little green spritzer jar I found in the Target dollar section!
Favorites from the Opalhouse Collection– I did appreciate a lot of the pieces and could find several things that just made me happy and excited for Spring and Summer. I shared a video at the end of this blog post from when I was shopping at Target that I had put on my Instagram Stories.
- Temporary Wallpaper- was really nice in person. My favorite was THIS one (reminded me of what we have behind our piano) and THIS one is a classic timeless style. If you don’t know much about Temporary Wallpaper it is very easy to put up, basically like a sticker. But it does not leave any residue or damage to your wall when you take it down. Rental friendly! Also great as drawer liners, the back of bookcases or inside frames!
- Pillows- I liked a lot of the styles, I thought they were fun but most were WAY too small! I am honestly not a fan of any pillow that is smaller than 20″ and most of the pillows were under that. Except THIS one was 20″ and everyone loved it when I share it on Instagram, I did too. Also THIS one was a good size especially on a bed.
- Basket- THIS one basket that isn’t even Opalhouse but I loved it for a plant! I got a couple photos from readers later saying that they bought it and showed me it in their home with a plant!
Favorites from the week!
- Looking for a doormat? Well, I shared THESE on Instagram and got a kick out of so many “Not today Satan” or “There are a lot of kids in here” or “Come in We’re Awesome”. Layered with THIS checked doormat (that is just a cotton rug, but good under a covered front porch). THIS is a good outdoor rug to layer or THIS one I have. Rule of thumb you when layering a rug you want about 2-6″ exposed for the bottom rug. (photo below from Nester, Erika in our Nesting with Grace FB Group).
- Organizing is on my brain! THIS “50 Ways to Clear the Clutter” was sent to me and I really enjoyed it. It was a quick read and had so many good take-aways that left me inspired. Here are a few-
- Invest in matching hangers. (I did that this week and bought THESE for a great price! Made such a difference!!)
- Sort silverware before you wash it! (so smart to organize it as you put it in the washer)
- Make a list of your go-to family meals that your family loves and are easy to prepare in a hurry. Post your standard meal list in a cupboard. Next, write out the list of pantry items and fresh food needed to make those meals and keep a copy on your phone. Each week asses what you have from the list and replenish as you go!
- We brought out our patio furniture! I had ordered THIS new umbrella because ours broke last year. I love the pattern on our deck! I will be sharing it soon once we get the lights installed (planning on showing how we installed the deck lights).
- Finished listening too the book- “Make your Bed”. I really enjoyed it! Short book about little things that can change your life and maybe the world. The author is retired from the U.S. Navy. I sent it to my sister too. Favorite part was when he talked about being stuck in the mud and some men wanting to quit and almost walking out until one person started to sing. It instantly changed everyones mood and lifted those who wanted to quit. He said to be that person that inspires and lifts other people “start singing when you are up to your neck in mud”. It is all about attitude and perspective.
- Other news. I really have it in my mind I “need” a SMEG fridge. BECAUSE it is 26″ deep, as deep as our counters! We would save 7″ of space with our dang fridge sticking out! Let me know if you see any fridge that is counter depth and retro looking! Ranch House Uncommon just changed out her fridge to a SMEG and I love it! (Remember I featured her on THIS Small Space Living Series?)
Last day of Spring Break here! And we are looking at temps near 70’s. I sure hope you get some sun where ever your are. Have a great weekend!
Video Clips taken from Instagram Stories during our trip to Target!