Are you a no-shoe house? I like our family to take them off but I never ask guests to remove their shoes. Do you? I mean I can see why some people do. Light rugs can be really hard to keep clean! We try not to wear shoes in Finn’s nursery but sometimes we end up walking in with them on. Or Finn will bring a big thing of dish soap into his room and pour it on the rug. No? That doesn’t happen to you? Well luckily I did catch him before it got too messy, but there was still a spot. So I was pretty thrilled to discover a new rug line!
Lorena Canals washable rugs! They have a lot of great styles, smaller scale that can easily fit into your washing machine and blend well with any home decor style.
They also have the fun round pillows that work great as a floor pillow or as an accent pillow.
I like the layered rug look, but sometimes it isn’t that practical. These rugs being smaller scale they are easy to layer, especially in a low-traffic space (disclaimer:)- be mindful of tripping when layering rugs).
- Something that is a big favorite thing, that I literally carry with me everywhere is my SIC cup. I have had it about a year and it doesn’t leave my side. It keeps my water cold for over 24 hours and hot for 12 hours. I got a couple extra to give as gifts. Find it HERE (really affordable, less than the Swell cups).
- The pants I have on in the photo above I LOVE. Find similar HERE.
- I shared in another Favorite Things post THIS new Fire-pit we just got. I can’t tell you how much we love this little thing. I have always dreamed of having a Fire-Pit, but we don’t have a gas line and I really only wanted a gas one (easier and less smelly in my opinion). So I was thrilled when we found this one. I will share more of our back deck once everything arrives. But I couldn’t wait to tell you about this Favorite Thing!
- Speaking of outdoor spaces I have THESE outdoor pillows coming, such a great price on sale! These would be great indoors too! I also did THESE, adding a bit of green to our decor outside too.
- I was excited when a reader of my blog, Tracy said THIS blog is one of favorite things and House Plants. I love hearing from you!
- I just found THIS jacket. It is almost exactly like one I have had for years and it is still a favorite!
- Do you feel like everyone was loosing their minds over Chip and Joanna Gaines new line at Target? Not going to lie, I am pretty excited too! You can see a little peek HERE if you missed it.
- I am starting a Paleo Challenge that starts Monday the 18th! Basically it is like eating Whole30 for 6 weeks, no sweets. I love doing this challenge because it helps with my performance in the gym and gets me back on track. I ordered my favorite drink, in my favorite Peppermint Flavor HERE. This really helps to curb my sweet tooth. If you like dark chocolate then you will really enjoy this drink. You can sweeten it if it too bitter for you. I like it as is. You will need a coffee maker or I use a French Press.
This week I chose not to join in on the Blogging Group for Seasons of Home. They were sharing their Fall Table Settings. If you are a reader on my blog you know I keep it pretty casual and I don’t have a dining room. And I really never host in our small house. But that should not have stopped me from sharing- I think it doesn’t have to be the same to be shared. That is why I loved my friend Jen from City Farmhouse. She shared a great tip on floral arranging for the tour.
You can find her really great tip, that I had never heard of before HERE.
The Inspired Room was a guest on our Tour and I loved the little peek into her gorgeous kitchen too. See the rest of her Fall ideas HERE.
Also I always love Ella Claire Inspired table settings, see the rest of the Fall Tours on her blog!
I will be back to join the tour and share our front room for Fall and our outdoor spaces the week after. I hope you all have a great weekend! (PS I am answering your “Ask a Designer” questions on Monday! If you are a subscriber to my blog you can submit one just by reply to my subscriber email I send out or subscribe HERE.