We have been in Yellowstone part of the week and in Utah celebrating the 4th of July with family and friends. Our new shower curtain for our main floor bathroom came in right before we left and I quickly got it up and took some pictures to share. The shower curtain has black in it rather than navy like our previous one. It flows better through the rest of our home since we have gotten rid of the navy and added more black. But oh that old shower curtain was a favorite from all of you, it got the most questions than any other thing in our house! Sadly it is discontinued. One reader knew I have slowly been changing out the navy to black and asked if she could buy it. So thankfully it went to a lovely reader. Sharing some other affordable shower curtains and favorites from the week!
Find our exact Shower Curtain HERE
I like to keep this bathroom pretty simple because it is small. It doubles as our main floor bathroom and master bathroom. If you missed my original post on this bathroom the vanity was both of my daughters changing table. We put it in the bathroom to just use until our new vanity came. Then I decided I liked it in here! It is painted in Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. It needs to be repainted and sealed because we didn’t really do it too well before we put the sink in. Any ideas on the color to paint it? I was thinking black.
We also took down the outside mount roman shade that was navy and installed a bamboo roman shade. It is really inexpensive and no it is not lined. But the bottom half of our window is frosted so we already have privacy. I am planning on doing a blog post all about fabric roman shades and bamboo shades because that is a topic I get asked about a lot!
Find our exact Bamboo Shade HERE
Below are some of my favorite shower curtains! (some on SALE!)
Other Favorites from the week-
- A similar Pineapple door knocker to ours is 40% off sale price HERE and almost gone at $11!
- You know I love a new dishtowel every new season! Found a pair on major sale HERE
- My mother-in-law’s love language is gifts- that is how she shows her love. She is also loving and offers time too. But we went clothes shopping the other day and she bought me a few new things. I got THIS simple stripe tee. And THIS colorful shirt! (they run a little loose, so I got them my actual size). Also THESE comfy crop pants!
- I typically take ALL of my photos on my Cannon Rebel Camera. Anything you see on Instagram or my blog is taken with that camera (which I LOVE so much more than the Nikon one I had before). But I snapped a picture at the 4th of July parade of Finn with my iPhone 8 in the portrait mode and oh man I am impressed. I still will take 95% of my photos with my Cannon but what a new favorite feature for grabbing everyday moments. See the photo HERE.
- I have to admit I have not been very good at keeping a journal lately. I feel like my blog and instagram is my form of journaling. But I heard someone mention THIS Five Minute Journal and I thought it would be a perfect way to start my day.
- On our long flight from New York to Salt Lake City I listened to a book– Educated, it is a memoir. I really liked it. It reminded me of the Glass Castle in a way. Two people recommended it to me and it has awesome reviews!
Favorite Nester Transformation-
Every week in our Nesting with Grace Facebook Group we ask for transformations from the group! It is so fun to check out everyones projects. I get so inspired. I love to see others making the most of their homes. I picked out a couple to share with you below. Join the group HERE.
I get asked all the time for laundry room ideas. And since my laundry room is not now nor ever while we live in this house be pretty. I loved this laundry transformation from @jaderinj it is pure genius!! Such a smart use of space!
And a bathroom transformation that I cannot even believe is the same space! From @taylorLmade
An accent wall of wallpaper makes such a statement for not a lot of money or time.@autumn.w.mcguire said that she would not have done this project if she wasn’t encouraged to do it from our FB group. I love that. (Find wallpaper HERE)
This coming week we are organizing bathrooms! You can get your free organizing printable HERE. And follow me on Instagram for some short videos and tips on how we organize our bathrooms HERE. I loved this tip from a reader. Follow the 20/20 rule. If you are questioning if you should get rid of something ask yourself if you can buy it for less than $20 or replace it in less than 20 minutes then you should let it go if it is in question!
Hope you have a great day! I will be back tomorrow to share a home that was furnished and accessorized (by me) for a client who thrifted everything!