This post is sponsored by Hp
First day of school here in Connecticut for my girls! Both of them are very excited. Personally I love having them around and get teary eyed whenever I think of them starting back. I don’t know why, because I am fresh out of ideas for them to do! But it will be good to get back to productive schedules. Before school started I try to get things organized and establish systems. Where backpacks go, lunch boxes, papers when they come in the door (we try to stick to a paper-less policy here) and where the art projects will hang. I frame some of their art, but there are the pieces the girls just like to hang up! So we created a new place in their rooms for the art and photos to be on display.
This idea came from a camera kit that we got for Lola at Christmas. We bought one of those Polaroid type cameras and honestly we were unhappy with it the day we got it. The one good thing was it did come with string and clips to display their photos. We ended up buying a different camera for her, one that didn’t print out the photo. Again, unhappy because when were we ever going to print these?? It didn’t solve that solution to have photos printed whenever we want.
Fast forward to a month ago when HP reached out to meet collaborate. I was excited to test out a new camera option. I was sold when I saw that the Hp Sprocket can print the photos from your phone! So not only can you use the HP Sprocket as a camera you can add the Hp Sprocket app to your phone and print ANY photo you want!
I was hooked because I hear more than once a week “mom will you print a picture of what we did this weekend” or “will you print a picture of me and my friend” or “I need a picture of me for school” or recently “I need a picture of me for cheer and what we did this past summer”. Now I can just tell them to print it right from the app! And it prints out the perfect size.
With all the photos they take we now have a spot for the girls to display them.
Kids Art Wall-
This is the easiest art wall. And doesn’t require really anything fancy. Unless you want to add some wallpaper to the back. I used leftover wallpaper that I had and it was actually a blessing because it is a shiplap temporary wallpaper that has lines so I could easily line up my wire and hooks!
Art Wall Supplies-
- Aluminum Wire (18 gauge)
- Screw Eyes
- Paper Clips (I spray painted mine white so they would blend in)
- Wallaper (optional. I have just enough leftover from THIS project)
You can see I measured the width of my wall and just looped the wire thru one fish eye and wrapped it around on each end to create a knot type look.
Printed out some photos from summer on our HP Sprocket.
The wire really is the best solution because it doesn’t sag down when you hang heavy things or a lot of photos. I like that I could add my girls calendar to the art wall so they can easily look at it when getting ready for the day to know the plan.
Ideas for Instant Camera and Printer HP Sprocket –
- A great way to document art projects. Take a picture of your child with them holding up their masterpiece and put all of these little Polaroid type photos into a little photo book or hook them together like a mini book.
- We live far away from family so for birthdays we get gifts in the mail. In the thank you card I included a photo of birthday kid with the new gift. I always had to order the photos online and go and pick-up. Which always took way longer than it should. Now we can just take the photo with the HP Sprocket then print it and send it that day.
- There is an option for the photo paper to have a sticky back, like a sticker. You an find it HERE. This is just a fun way for kids to decorate their notebooks or even journal.
- Send a card to a friend with a photo of you and them as a quick hello. A great way to connect. And a project for kids.
- HP Sprocket is really the perfect gift for any age!
If you are looking for a printer (I actually get asked often where mine is and what we have) I suggest an HP Wireless Printer. A wireless printer gives you the opportunity to hide your printer in a spot away from your computer. If you have a writing desk you know this is important. You can also print from your phones and iPads by connecting thru Blue-Tooth. Amazing option.
Click on any image below to shop some Hp printers-