We have had family staying with us for the past 5 days. We absolutely love visitors. This time we had 6 guests staying with us. I like to always make a nice breakfast for everyone. Then we end up eating lunch and dinner out when we are sightseeing. This is one of my favorite breakfasts to make for a lot of people. You can make it the night before then pop it in the oven right when you wake up to let bake for an hour. There is nothing better than the smell of cinnamon bread to wake up to!
I buy cinnamon bread from a local bakery. This time when I made it they only had one loaf of cinnamon bread and I wanted to double it so I picked up some Portuguese bread for the other loaf and it turned out great too. Or I buy 2-3 smaller loaves of cinnamon bread at whole foods (the type that I have to slice myself, so they are extra thick pieces- don’t use ready sliced bread).
One Pan French Toast
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Loaf of Cinnamon Bread *thick bakery style bread
- Slice up the bakery bread into nice thick pieces
- Layer pieces in an 8x10 baking dish
- Beat the eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon and pour over the top of the bread
- Let it soak covered in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour- keep covered while baking then take off cover for the last 15 minutes
For toppings we use anything from blueberries, syrup, Neutella or Cookie Butter from Trader Joes. I heated up some frozen strawberries with a little honey and mashed them up, those were tasty as a topping. Hopefully this recipe will help you enjoy your family and not be slaving away in the kitchen! Enjoy.