I shared our bedding in our rental a couple weeks ago, we are still loving it! And just ordered a couple more toxic-free mattresses from Tuft & Needle for the rest of the beds in our new home. I honestly haven’t slept on a mattress that I liked right away like Tuft & Needle. Right now they are having a big sale. Linking up some of my favorites below and WHY I picked them!
When budget allows, you may consider making the switch to a non toxic mattress and non toxic bedding. We spend 8 hours out of every 24 on our bed. Some mattresses are made with things that when our skin comes into contact can lead to all sorts of health problems.
PS- Switching our mattress to toxic-free was one of the last things I did. Once you know something is toxic just do better with each NEW purchase. No need to panic. I am not 100% toxic-free, I still get my hair colored and nails done. But I really try to be the gatekeeper for my family.
Thank you Tuft & Needle for sponsoring this post
Toxic Free Bed and Bedding Favorites-
- Linen Sheets (several color options)– we have had linen sheets for a while now, they get better and softer with age! I LOVE the naturally rumpled, relaxed look. Linen makes for a year-round sheet. (free from harmful levels of more than 300 concerning chemicals, including formaldehyde).
- Quilt– I make my bed with sheets, a quilt and duvet cover. But in the summer you could skip the quilt or the duvet (I always like the look of a fluffy duvet). We have this quilt and it is really nice quality. Comes in 3 colors.
- Original Foam Pillow– We have been sleeping with these pillows for several months now. I like that they have a GREENGUARD GOLD certification. It also has graphite in the middle that pulls your body heat away from you as you sleep. It is soft, but firm enough for side sleepers.
- Duvet Cover- we have tried a lot of different duvet covers! I like that they close with a zipper vs buttons that could easily pop off. It has ties in each corner to keep insert in-place! Plus the linen just has my heart for all-time favorite bedding look.
- Down Duvet Insert– (we have medium weight) Designed to be weighty enough to lull you into a deep sleep without making you feel hot. Down stays fluffy over time so your bed will always look comfy, wicks away moisture to keep you cool and dry, and keeps you warmer than most down alternatives. Again I have tried several inserts too and this one is oversized, it won’t look skimpy on your bed.
- Mattress Cover– mattress protector is a must! Extends the life of your mattress. We have this cover, no crinkle sound! Free from harmful levels of more than 300 concerning chemicals.
- Mattress– I spent A LOT of time researching non-toxic mattresses. Tuft & Needle is one of the highest rated toxic-free mattress brands. I like that the mattresses are made in the U.S. and are more affordable than most toxic-free mattresses. Tuft & Needle is CertiPur label which means it is certified to contain no harmful chemicals, heavy metals, PBDEs, phthalates, formaldehyde or carcinogens.
- Original Mattress– We have a twin in this and everyone who slept on it commented how much they liked it. It has 4.6 ⭐️ rating from 33,000 people! Provides a flexible sleep surface that adjusts to you as you move throughout the night. (I ordered these for our guest rooms).
- Mint Mattress is a tad bit softer than the Original or Hybrid. I read that it is typically better for back and stomach sleepers.
- Hybrid Mattress– (we have this one) This mattress has springs and is the most supportive mattress yet. Wrapped it in an ultra-luxurious plush pillow top filled with carbon fiber-infused foam. Graphite and air channels wick away heat and moisture, most breathable mattress.
Check out how I made our bed with all these things HERE