After watching the movie Stink (on Netflix) and becoming truly obsessed with the powers that essential oils hold. My sister and I can not help but make ALL the things to replace your everyday beauty items! We have 10+ non-toxic all natural beauty replacements that you can easily DIY yourself! Honestly most of these are so easy my 8 year old, Lola makes them on her own! And just so you know, the list will be growing and growing as we keep creating! So this is a post you will want to pin to painters and keep coming back to! We have my favorite DIY lash serum, All-Natural perfume, Dry shampoo, hair mask, face mask, heat protectant spray and more!
This post is sponsored by me- yes I do sell essential oils, but take my ideas without purchasing oils from me, for free! And read to the end if you are more interested in essential oils
10+ Non-Toxic DIY Beauty Replacements!!!
DIY Eyelash Grow- with Essential Oils
I was spending about $70 every couple months on lash serum to boost my eyelashes. I knew it wasn’t all-clean organic products but I could honestly not quit!! If I went a week or two without it, I swore my lashes would shrink. Well I finally found a replacement to my expensive eyelash serum! And I am in LOVE with this DIY Eye Lash Serum! Works just as well and actually better. It is a combination of essential oils and organic castor oil that is food for my lashes! Castor oil helps by encouraging hair growth from the follicles that have become dormant. According to an article on Stylegraze- “when we apply them to lashes and eyebrows, all these factors contribute to stimulating blood circulation in skin, especially around the eyes.” Get the easy recipe below and see my results!
Eyelash Boosting Serum
- Organic pure Castor oil
- Empty clear mascara tube
- 6 Lavender essential oil
- 6 Cedarwood essential oil
- 6 Rosemary essential oil
- In your empty clear mascara tube, fill approximately 3/4 of the way full with the organic castor oil.
- Add your essential oils to the tube. (I did top off my jar with castor oil, be careful not to overfill, since you have to have space for the wand to go in).
- Apply DIY lash boosting serum to eyelashes daily at night, after you clean off your makeup
DIY Dry Shampoo- with Essential Oils
Who wants an all natural DIY Dry Shampoo Recipe?? Did you know that excess use of dry shampoos that contain alcohol can lead to long-term hair and scalp damage. When dry shampoo is used too often, it can cause dandruff, dryness and blocked pores. No good. We have this great alternative for you!
DIY All Natural Dry Shampoo
- 1/4 cup cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- 1 Tablespoon baking soda
- Unsweetened Cocoa powder as needed this is to darken the color of the dry shampoo depending on your hair color
- 2 drops lavender essential oil
- 2 drops rosemary essential oil
- 2 drops cedarwood essential oil .
- Combine all ingredients in empty salt/spice shaker or empty baby powder bottle. Add unsweetened cocoa powder as need to match hair color.
- Sprinkle on roots of hair and massage into scalp.
- Leave on for 2-3 minutes to absorb hairs natural oils.
- Brush through hair.
- Style hair!
Natural Teeth Whitener with Essential Oils
This is a pretty basic DIY. But life changing if you have sensitive teeth and do not want to whiten your teeth the traditional way with carbamide peroxide or hydrogen peroxide. Simply add a drop of orange essential oil right to my tooth paste, every day! It actually tastes great and has whitened my teeth! Or wintergreen and peppermint are good options too! Essential oils may help whiten your teeth because the chemicals contained in certain oils are sufficiently powerful to remove nasty stains on the teeth. Some essential oils contain compounds like limonene which is a natural whitening agent that can work on both the skin and the teeth. As well as lightening your teeth, many essential oils have powerful antibacterial properties that make them a good, natural choice for preventing tooth decay or gum infection and they can even help leave your breath smelling better for longer. YES!!
DIY-Heat Protection Spray with Essential Oils
Do you find your hair feels dry and lacks lustre after blow-drying? Are your curls not lasting as long as they used to? One of the main reasons why this would happen is simple: your hair is most likely damaged. To prevent this from happening, it’s so important to use heat protectant spray on your hair before applying heat. And the essential oils will support your hair!!
Heat Protectant Spray
- 1/2 teaspoon fractionated coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon sweet almond oil
- 1 teaspoon conditioner
- 3 drops clary sage essential oil
- 3 drops geranium essential oil
- Fill spray bottle half way with water.
- Add Fractionated Coconut Oil, sweet almond oil, conditioner, and essential oils into bottle.
- Add remaining water and shake well.
- Spritz hair with Heat Protectant Spray and work it through until hair is lightly coated. Style as normal.
DIY Detangler and Leave-in Conditioner with Essential Oils
We use a detangler almost everyday for my girls. I was excited to find a recipe for a non-toxic detangled that doubles as a leave-in conditioner and also has health benefits. I use Young Living Lavender Mint Conditioner, combined with distilled water and Essential Oils. I have pretty dry hair, but my girls hair is pretty normal. So I did a combo of oils, after doing some research.
Detangler All Natural DIY
- 1/2 cup Non-toxic Conditioner I use Young Living Lavender Mint Daily
- 3 drops Geranium Essential Oil
- 3 drops Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 5 drops Sandalwood Essential Oil
- Bring 2 cups Distilled Water to a simmer over medium heat. Take off heat and add in the conditioner and essential oils.
- Add mixture to an amber spray bottle
- Evenly distribute to the root of your hair
- Brush it through your hair and either leave-in or you can wash it out. (We leave it in)
DIY Mermaid Anti- Friz Spray with Essential Oils
My sister is a cosmetologist and was drawn to oils for so many reasons, but to support healthy hair was on the top! Her clients often complain about their dry, itchy scalp. Or their thinning hair. It is so important to be selective with what you put in your hair to keep it healthy. She found this recipe, called “mermaid hair”. And has been using it on her daughter and clients. Now I personally use it daily, it does not leave your hair feeling greasy, rather shiny! I also use it on my girls to help keep lice away and to smooth the flyaways.
Mermaid Hair- All Natural Anti- Friz
- 2 oz spray bottle
- 10 drops rosemary essential oil
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- 10 drops cedarwood essentail oil
- Add all your essential oils to the jar
- Fill your jar half way with witch hazel
- Then the rest with distilled water
- Spray directly on roots of your hair or on ends and brush and style as normal
DIY Lip Scrub with Essential Oils
This is a fun recipe you can make! These would be such a sweet gift or activity to make with friends or kids.
Peppermint Lip Scrub✨ Exfoliating+Plumping
- 3 Tablespoons white sugar
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil cold pressed or fractionated
- 8 drops peppermint essential oil
- Mix it all together, feel free to add more sugar until you get thick consistency.
- Store in glass container (or divide up in lip tins).
- Apply to dry lips, gently exfoliate, leave on for 30-60 seconds then wipe away with dry towel.
DIY Hair Mask with Essential Oils
Your hair takes a beating from daily life. Dry air, pollutants, UV radiation, and styling can all leave your hair feeling dry and damaged. So why not pamper your hair with a DIY hair mask that will leave your hair touchably soft and smooth. This simple recipe combines the moisturizing power of coconut oil and the sweet and clean aromas of Lavender, Rosemary, and Tea Tree essential oils to tame those frizzies and flyaways back into glossy, beautiful hair.
DIY hair mask infused with essential oils
- Small glass bowl
- Small saucepan
- Spray bottle of any size filled with water
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 drops Lavender essential oil
- 2 drops Rosemary essential oil and 2 drops Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 2 drops Tea Tree Essential Oil
- Rest the rim of a small pot or glass cup inside the edge of a larger pot filled halfway with boiling water to act as a double boiler.
- Add coconut oil to the glass bowl and warm until liquefied.
- Add essential oils to the coconut oil.
- Mix the ingredients together. Let cool and slightly thicken.
- Put a towel over your shoulders to catch any drips.
- Dampen your hair with a spray bottle.
- Using your hands, apply the mixture to your hair and gently comb to disperse the mask.
- Let the mask sit for 30–60 minutes before rinsing.
- Wash and style your hair as usual .
DIY Perfume with Essential Oils
There are a lot of secret ingredients that come in conventional perfumes and colognes that are not disclosed on the labels. Some of them are so harmful that they have the same equivalent of spraying your body with cigarette smoke or car exhaust. Essential oils are often in perfumes, but not essential oils are the same, fragrance can be found in most conventional perfumes are completely synthetic and are made in a lab. Side note: Always be wary of the word “fragrance.” Do your research on where your essential oils come from (why I only use Young Living).
- balance: lavender, ylang ylang, cedarwood, bergamot
- good fortune: lavender, lemon
- spring fever: lime, grapefruit, geranium
- cottage garden: geranium, lavender
- flawless: geranium, patchouli, frankincense
- peachy: orange, valor, cedarwood
- angelic: white angelica, frankincense
DIY All Natural Perfume
- 1 100 ml Glass Perfume Bottle
- 50 drops of essential oil I used a combo 20/15/10/5
- vodka enough to fill up your jar
- Add your essential oils to your perfume jar
- Let the oils sit for 48 hours
- After 48 hours add in your alcohol
- Let perfume bottle sit for a month before using
DIY Glow Moisturizer with Essential Oils
Glow Serum Moisturizer
- 4 tablespoons jojoba oil
- 1-2 tbsp aloe vera gel
- 10 drops Frankincense
- 5 drops Geranium
- 5 drops Copaiba
- Add everything to amber glass dropper bottle & apply before bed to clean skin