We are doing a local boys bedroom makeover the first week in December. I wanted to share the before and our plan! It might give you some inspiration if you are wanting to gift some bedroom items for Christmas!
A local blog reader and oily member reached out when she saw we were looking for a local room to makeover. This is what she said… “This boy is deserving of a makeover because he’s taking a leap of faith with my husband & I and switching schools this year!” From a personal perspective Kevin had to go through something similar when his parents got divorced about the same age, this struck a cord and we wanted to help makeover this bedroom!
Thank you Walmart for sponsoring this post
The main thing I want to do is build a floating desk in that tiny, unused space between the closets. How great would it be to distance learn while getting some Vitamin D by the window! Also once we move the desk, that will free up space for a chair and bookcase to add some height and to the room and a spot to read! They were up for anything!
Bedroom Design Plan with Walmart-
- Bedding 7 Piece Set $47
- White Nighstand $60
- Desk Lamp $19
- Industrial Stool $119 (they have one I am using, this stool is similar)
- Bookcase Ladder $106
- Red Industrial Light $42 (doing magic light trick in it)
- Canvas Plaid Baskets $17
- Chair and Ottoman $329
- Rug (the rug on plan is one I have, I linked similar)
We can’t wait to do this makeover!!! I will take you along once everything comes in! We are going to do shiplap or wallpaper in the little desk nook!
Favorite Kids Gifts from Walmart-
- Animal Art (set of 3) $43
- LEGO Bricks to make animals $30 (considering this for Finn!)
- Kids Table and chairs $139
- Black and White Cloud Lamp
- Animal Chair (other animal options)
- Pink Cloud Lamp
- Drawing Easel $39
- Sharpie Market Pack (my girls got these one year and loved!)
- Mermaid Tail Blanket (my friends girls have these and they love them)
- Dragon Neck Pillow
- Sheep Stool (other animals too)
- Strawberry Bedding $49 complet set (we used in this makeover)
- Floor Reclining Chair (comes in other colors– used similar here)
Check out past Walmart Kids room makeovers-
Walmart as a large assortment of furniture and decor for Kids at a great price and value! I have done several makeovers with all furniture and decor from Walmart.com and been so happy with it all!
I will be back to share when we do this makeover! Are you giving your kids a little bedroom refresh for Christmas?