Do you have a recipe that you get asked to bring to every party you go to? Or you are always assigned to bring the same thing?
Well you are talking to the salad girl. Yep that’s me.
I always get assigned a salad.
And typically it is “Brooke bring your broccoli salad”. I am proud to say that one of our good friends who isn’t a salad eater requests this broccoli salad every time we go to their house. Even my husband will eat this salad and he does not do salads. Actually I take that back- he is “trying” to do salads. But lets be real, this broccoli salad is the only one he ever asks for. Maybe because it has bacon in it:) It is a healthy version of your typical Broccoli Salad. You know the Broccoli Salad that is covered in mayo and sugar? Well this one probably half the calories and also all healthy ingredients!
I shared this picture on my Instagram stories yesterday showing our table setting and what was for dinner. And I love that several people asked for the recipe and said “future blog post?” You guys know me well! We had our Easter dinner on Monday rather than Sunday because we ended up at the beach then to Mexican food on Easter- it was a weird Easter. Holidays are different since we moved away from family. But you know what, we really enjoyed the day and the Mexican food was so good- I had some plantains and I am LOVING those lately. But I was still craving this broccoli salad. So I made it for dinner- I actually made it around lunch time and ate it for lunch yesterday and dinner.
So make this Broccoli salad and don’t be surprised if you turn into “the salad person” at parties!
- 5 cups chopped broccoli cut into tiny bite size pieces
- 4 pieces cooked bacon cut into tiny bite size pieces
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 small purple onion
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup safflower mayo
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 packet Stevia
- Mix the broccoli, bacon, sunflower seeds, onion, cranberries together.
- Wisk the mayo, Stevia and Red Wine Vinegar until combined. Pour over the broccoli mixture right before you are ready to serve.
- This is a great side salad and will serve about 6 people. I double this when I take it to a party.
- I have also used Tessemae's Organic Zest Ranch, store bought healthy dressing when I am in a hurry or want something different instead of the mayo. They are my favorite salad dressings that are paleo and whole30.
- I use pistachios if I don’t have sunflower seeds. I also replace the cranberries with cut up red grapes when I have those. You can also use White Vinegar instead of Red and it tastes good too.
- I eat the leftovers the next day and add some chicken to it for a yummy meal!
Our Easter dinner! I talked about how I cooked my ham on THIS blog post.
I cooked my sweet potatoes in the crock pot. Clean the potatoes, poke with a fork all over, lightly cover with Olive Oil and salt and pepper, wrap in tin foil and cook for 8 hours on low. They were perfect, really soft but good and didn’t need anything on them, no butter or anything extra.
I made our favorite bread that is the EASIEST bread recipe HERE
I have SO much leftover ham. I am sure I will make a frittata. I froze about half of it. What do you plan on doing with all your leftover ham??