Growing up we camped for our summer vacations. I loved it, we have lots of cousins we played with and always lots of yummy food. My grandma would bring treats she’d made and a sweet coconut cereal treat was always one of my favorites. Well, I’ve changed up the ingredients to make it with ingredients we have on hand, like honey instead of Corn Syrup. It is still definitely a treat! In fact, we like this version even better! Sweetened with honey and coconut oil.
Sweet Coconut Cereal Treat
- 12 oz or 1 box Golden Graham Cereal
- 6 oz or 1/2 box Rice Chex Cereal
- 6 oz or 1/2 box Corn Chex Cereal
- 3 cups Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 2 cups Unsalted Cashews
- 2 cups Slivered Almonds
- 1 cup Cold Pressed Coconut Oil
- 1 1/2 cups Honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tsp Almond Extract
- In a large bowl (I'm talking GIANT size bowl, or split between 2 bowls), combine cereals, nuts and coconut. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt coconut oil and honey together. Add salt and almond extract. Bring to boil over medium heat.
- Pour over cereal and mix until cereal is coated.
- Pour cereal onto 2 baking sheets or parchment paper and allow to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.