When my sister was in town we went apple picking. A tradition we made since moving to Connecticut close to 4 years ago. And every year we have gone we have thankfully, had visitors to bring with us. We always stop and get apple cider donuts too. The best when they are warm and fresh! A memory I hope my kids never forget. Do you go apple picking in your area? After our apple picking adventure we got home and made apple crisp and apples sauce. And by we, I mean my sister and Lola. It just warmed by heart to have her here and loving on my kids. She has a family of her own and I made sure to tell them that we appreciated them sharing her with us. Sharing the apple sauce recipe we love (low sugar) and some Tj MAxx favorites! Along with some photos that I wanted to “live” on my blog forever.
Find my favorite Paleo Apple Crisp recipe HERE
Low Sugar Apple Sauce Recipe-
- 12 apples peeled, cored and sliced
- 3 cups water
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1/3 cup Truvia
- Add all ingredients to a large pot and stir
- Heat over medium heat for about 1 hour (you could do this in the crock pot for 6-8 hours on low)
- Remove cinnamon sticks
- Mash up the apples (they should fall apart string or using a potato masher or mixer)
- *If you don't have cinnamon sticks you could use 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- *Truvia can be replaced with 1/2 white granulated sugar
- *Lasts in the fridge one week
- *You could add some red hot candies to add a little more heat (the kids love doing that)
- *This applesauce is so good warm! Someone said they love it warm with ice-cream!
We used our Kitchen Aid attachment (HERE) to get the apples ready for apple sauce! Made it so easy and fast!
Also wanted to share some favorites from TJ Maxx online! I went thru their website and picked out my favorite things! Get’s me excited for the Holidays.
Loved this photo of my sister and Finn. Had to share. Finn always pushes over his chair and says “Finn help”. I love it.
Tj Maxx Favorites (click on an image to shop)
THIS oversized blanket is 60×60 perfect for the end of a bed! You could layer it over a duvet (like above) at the end of your bed or use it instead of a duvet (like below)- it will drape over a queen bed. Photo below is 90×90. And THIS blanket is super affordable in king or queen.
THESE stockings are similar to the stockings I used last Christmas!
I hope you have a great fall Friday!