I thought I would share some favorites from the week, since it has been a big week!!! Hopefully everyone is staying well and cozy at home. Praying for peace and wellness for all of you. It is a hard scary time right now and I know it isn’t easy for many. We are taking all the vitamins, making healthy smoothies, washing our hands and using all our Thieves. Trying to do our best to support our wellness. Maybe my post will be a nice distraction from the news. We had workers installing our backsplash today and putting our cabinet hardware on all our cabinets. And remember from my last post I was unsure of our rug? Well….we got option #2 in and I LOVE it so much!!!!
New Living Room Rug-
This rug is super affordable! I love the darker background too, especially because this is a high traffic area. Love the green color to pull in my plants 🙂 and it does have a little touch of pink/ rusty pink. Find the rug HERE. And since this is a thinner rug I ordered THIS felt rug pad. A rug pad adds some cushion, protects the floor and helps to keep the rug in place. Typically ordering 2″ smaller on each side than your rug is a good size for the pad. For myself I did a 7’6″ x9’10” rug and a 7’x9′ rug pad.
Kitchen Cabinet Hardware-
Our kitchen cabinet hardware got installed today. I have to say picking hardware for a larger kitchen vs our previous small kitchen was a little tricky! So I ended up mixing it up and making it easy! I actually REALLY love gold hardware, but wasn’t loving it with the wood cabinets we have. So I went with black. Here are the links to my hardware- Star // Round Knobs // Latch // Bin Pull. Stay tuned hopefully soon for a full reveal.
I have gotten a lot of questions about what appliances we went with. We went with Big Chill Appliances. So far we are very happy with the choice! More photos to come. The dishwasher was installed today!! But we need the electrician to come and hook it up.
Wondering what happened to our old appliances? I offered them free to the first person to reply on my Instagram. We had A LOT of locals who would have been happy to take them. You will be happy to know they went to a newly married couple who both work for schools. Picture above are our appliances in their home. It made me tear up when she sent the photo of them. Love that they can now bless someone else, just how they blessed us.
And we got our quartz countertops in! Feels so much bigger. We can put everything in our cabinets now. Yay!! PS- our floors are getting sanded and stained after everything is done. We tested the floor color in our master closet- see photo below! I will share details soon of the sanding, stain process we went with.
New leopard shoes HERE
Looking for things to do at home?
- You might like Jessica Simpsons new book, I really enjoyed it. It was a really good reminder to not judge others, to have empathy. You never know what someone is going through. Assume the best.
- Listen to Atomic Habits, such a great book about forming habits and the importance of habits. His personal story was a great example.
- Make a bunch of paleo waffles and freeze them for a quick healthy breakfast!! My kids like helping with that!
- Create a chore chart for the kids if their school is closed, keep them busy!
- Our favorite thing to make often it toxic-free bath bombs, we all use them for bathing.
- Our Home School Schedule for the next couple weeks- Print the PDF Home School Schedule HERE and I have a blank one HERE