I should be honest, that title of my blog post is misleading. I haven’t sat down and read a book in a long time. But I do listen to a lot! I use Audible. I shared two books I listened to this week and loved and other favorite finds from the week, things that stopped me in my tracks or gave me the wants.
Below is my favorite spot to sit and search the internet for clients or write blog posts, while listening to books or podcasts. I think this spot is my favorite right now because it is the coolest in the house and it has been hot here in CT!
- I just
readlistened to The Magnolia Story I LOVED it! No really I really loved it! So inspiring from a business perspective and also a love story. I kept tearing up so often in the book. They have so much kindness and respect for each other and appreciate the focus on God. There were three people in that marriage- Joanna, Chip and God. Another part that had me crying and feeling so touched was when Joanna would hide out in the girls bathroom for all of lunch her sophomore year in high school. She was so afraid of kids not accepting her. He mom found out that she was not eating her lunch, she told Joanna she needed to eat. So her mom would come to her school and Joanna would sneak out of school (sophomores weren’t supposed to leave for lunch) and her mom would drive her to get a hamburger. I love that story for so many reasons. I am so impressed that her mom was able to pull it out of Joanna that she was not eating. We as moms need to be tuned into what is going on in our kids lives and have that relationship where we talk to our kids to find out this kind of stuff #momgoals.
- I also listened to Better Than Before by Gretchen Rubin and really loved this book too. It is all about habits and why we do things. My favorite quote from the book was “Does your life reflect your values?” I have started to ask myself that daily- when I can’t decide on a project to work or if I go to look at my phone when my kids are around.
- Favorite podcast right now “How I Built This.” It is the same host as Ted Radio Hour. He interviews small business and how they got started. I really like the Honest Tea interview and Melissa and Doug.
- You might have noticed that I added a new tab to my blog called “Shop My Home” I update it all the time to keep it current. It is kind of a fun way to do a mini home tour of our home. You can find it HERE.
- The image below was my favorite from Instagram this past week! I found it on THIS Instagram account.
- And one more below because that tile on her back deck is out of this world! Emily Henderson can do no wrong.
- My husband was out of town on Mothers Day. I don’t like when he is gone, but my girls really stepped up to the plate. Kevin had my mothers day gift delivered and I was SOOOOO excited to use it! He got me a Vitamix. Seriously my smoothies have never tasted so great. I add about a cup or two of spinach to all of my smoothies and the Vitamix blends it so well that there was no sign of spinach. Game changer. Maybe I will share my favorite smoothies next week.
- THIS top is so cute that I came across and the price, reminded me of Anthropolgie for 1/4 the price.
- I was surprised when my friend said she uses paper plates all the time and paper towels and paper napkins. She doesn’t like to spend time doing dishes when she could be doing something else. I am the opposite. I don’t even have either of those in my house- just because I can be pretty frugal. I had cloth napkins out when they came over for dinner. Do you use cloth napkins? If so you need THESE so pretty. I typically don’t put them out at dinner on the week nights, we just use a dish towel if we need it. But you know what I am going to start setting out cloth napkins every night, good way to teach kids manners too. Here are some of my other favorite cloth napkins below.
That’s all my my favorites from the week! I hope you have an amazing weekend doing those things you love and that reflect your values:)