You know the saying “There is not one right way to do something?” I agree with that 100%. That can go into my bucket of favorite sayings along with- “Done is better than perfect”. I thought of that saying today as I was writing this post because it was proven to me twice today (and I am sure even more than I realized). One was with lightbulbs and another with a Valentines Day Project. I am going to share both for my Friday Favorites and some new tops I bought online from TARGET, that just got in the mail and love.
Do you feel like you dress like your house? I think my style is pretty distinct in the way I use a pop of color or pattern- but stick with neutral basics. Also hang onto things a lot longer than I should – yes in my wardrobe and in my home. THIS new black and white check top looks like it could be a pillow in this room. The shirt is around $20, the cutest sleeves too. (It runs a little small, I did size up and I wore a tucked in undershirt so you wouldn’t see my belly button when lifted my arms :)).
- I also ordered THIS tee in two colors (gray and white) they are $8! Love the little pocket.
- THIS top is way nicer than expected and again around $20. The detail is just the sweetest!
- Always on the look out for a comfy, causal skirt THIS one is a new favorite and I will be wearing it all Spring and Summer.
- Off the topic of clothes. I did stop into Target and really the shelves looked so empty. But I did spot THESE green cups that were thick and etched. An Anthropolgie knock-off for half the price.
LIGHTBULBS- Cool or Warm?
I have always been a lightbulb snob. When I managed a design store I was very particular about the lightbulbs. The lady who did our ordering always ordered more of the lightbulb I did not like- we would joke that it looked like an operating room. I didn’t understand why she kept ordering them. I asked her and she said she liked them better. Proof that not everyone will like the same thing 100% of the time, it will never happen.
Kayleigh Campos is a member of Nesting with Grace Facebook Group. We watched her transform this room and other members offered great tips to her! The room looks so great. Kayleigh posted this picture asking what lightbulb to go with. What do you think everyone liked? The WARM or the COOL lightbulb? It was really split! Again proof that there is not one right way to do something. It is preference. What do you like??
I decided to play with the lightbulbs in our chandelier showing both options of a cool lightbulb verses a warm lightbulb. (Find our exact chandelier HERE).
Above photo has THIS warm lightbulb
And the below photo has THIS cool lightbulb
So?? What do you prefer? Also fun to see the room without a light turned on. Fun way to compare if a lightbulb should be on or off in photos. I take about 90% of all my photos with the lightbulbs off.
A few more FAVORITE THINGS from the week-
- I was searching for a client and came across the cutest little stool HERE, reminds me of my fur stool- but so different.
- I had to. It is pink and mini…you might want THIS waffle maker too!
- My friend Annie stopped by and brought us the sweetest little Valentine Craft, pictured below. This is another moment when I thought “there is not one right way to do something.” Annie actually painted an entire paper with her watercolors THEN punched out the hearts. My girls painted each heart THEN punched out the heart. Both different, but both very creative. Find her exact tutorial HERE
- While you are over on Annie’s website you will love her KITCHEN ORGANIZING TIPS!
I hope you have a great weekend! My sister is visiting and we plan on doing a lot of baking and playing. Also having her taste test the Gluten Free Bread I have been making….planning on sharing that next!