I shared the above photo this time last year on my Instagram account. I keep looking for cherry blossom branches at my local Trader Joes or Whole Foods. No sign of them yet. I can remember how excited I was when I spotted them last year. They made me so happy whenever I saw them at my sink. I think it is so important to enhance our surroundings- it lifts our spirits in ways we sometimes are not fully aware of.
Whenever I buy flowers I always think of this quote “She created a life she loved.” We create it- and it is the small and simple things for me.
It could just be cutting a branch from your yard or moving something from one room to the other. Hopefully some of these Friday Favorites will give you some inspiration as they did me this past week!
- I am getting excited for Easter. Honesty I am not that good at preparing for Easter. My girls don’t even have nice Easter baskets- they use baskets that I think were gifts years ago and they are falling apart. I have talked about the fact that I don’t really have a lot of seasonal decor. In a small house there isn’t room to store it or places to decorate with it. So I want to get baskets that we can actually keep out and use for Easter every year too! I picked out some of my favorites and shared them below. I think I am going to order all three colors of #2 or #3, #4 and #5.
10-Silver Base Basket HERE
- Speaking of Easter I just picked up THIS dress and THIS dress for my daughters for Easter (or maybe not for Easter, I just like them!). I keep it pretty simple- I like getting clothes that they can actually wear to church or to school.
- Ahhh THESE shoes. I want them in my size. I ordered them for Lola- she will wear anything.
- THIS Paleo Pot Pie was the first recipe I posted on my blog. It is actually a family favorite and I make it every couple of weeks. The other day I made just the pot pie filling and cooked some gluten free noodles and poured the filling over the noodle (like a sauce) and the family loved it! So easy.
- THIS pantry is possibly the cutest and most organized pantry I have EVER, seriously EVER laid eyes on. I have to admit I was a little envious. I don’t even have a pantry. But I tell you what I am going to organize my cupboard to look this nice, well it might look 10% as cute, but I have some plans for the inside of my cabinets.
- My plans include THIS lemon wallpaper. I want to add it to the backs of my cabinets. Our cabinets are actually re-faced, meaning the inside of them are still the ugly brown that they once were. So stay tuned!
- Everything in the above photo is just so happy! The dutch door- the flowers…all of it! I love The Inspired Room on Instagram, so inspiring! Of course Melissa has a design book too, you can find her book HERE.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend! I am going to be sharing our completed banquette next week, new roman shades we got for our kitchen and a new recipe. Make sure to subscribe below to not miss a thing!