I had to write a little blurb about me and my design style. I always freeze up. Because I don’t want to pigeon hole myself into one “style”. Because honestly I really appreciate and love so many styles. Do you ever wonder why you do things to your home? Like why do I gravitate towards THAT pillow or putting things together a certain way? I think it does have a lot to do with what we see, read, how we grew up, something that speaks to our soul. That is what makes up our design style.
To me homes should be designed with a purpose. It could just be something simple as “because it makes us happier!”
As far as my design style goes- there is always a plant, something new and trendy and something collected that tells a story.
What is your design style? Kind of fun to write it down and stick to that design style of philosophy.
I am going to share more of my design philosophy and style because there is a lot more to say and dig into! So for now more of my favorite things from the week…
- My friend Annie came over to my house and she works at Serena & Lily. She gave me a really good coupon code for 25% off (on their website it only shows 20%!) Use it on my favorite STOOLS, HANGING CHAIRS, RUGS and anything else! Code- FAMILY-53 (sale ends 10-16-17) I am thinking of THIS light for above our kitchen table!!
- Noticed that my favorite little leather poof is on sale! I really would like it every room! Find it HERE.
- I am joining a blog tour early November to share some Christmas ideas….seems so soon! I will be sharing our bedroom on the tour and I just got THESE euro shams, two for an amazing price! Can’t wait to share it all!
- Ordered THIS coat and it just arrived! It is light weight, warm and a casual run-around coat. It is on sale now with code today only for 50% off with code FIFTY! (my coat isn’t linking right, it is the (cold control aerobats puffer hoodie, but they have SO many cute coats!) Also THIS shirt I got a lot of questions about from my Fall Front Porch where I wore it on that post (use the same code).
- Need a light rug? Well Target is having a rug sale and they are 30% off! I saw THIS one is a winner for the price point!
- Read from a designer- rather than getting caught up in what color of rods to do in a room, you can’t go wrong with black. It is like eyeliner to a face! I thought that is probably true in 95% of the rooms. In my house it wouldn’t work in the girls room. But every other room it would! I just ordered THESE for Finn’s nursery (his were cheap from Ikea and already broke).
- Saw THIS home tour and it is exactly my design philosophy and love her style. They live in a NYC apartment and it is just packed full of collected things, totally their unique style, tons of love too! You will have to check out the bedroom- they got a green velvet headboard~ would you dare?? I LOVE it in their home.
- Drove by this home on our bike ride this week. I shared a little tour of the charming homes in our neighborhood over on Instagram Stories (follow me HERE because I will for sure do it again!).
- Listened to a Podcast about “running on empty” that could refer to sleep, running low on gas, toilet paper. I guess it is all about being prepared. She said that she always keeps cash in the house. I totally go in waves with this. I will intentionally go get cash then I use it and I don’t have any. Especially with all these natural disasters you do not want to run on empty!
- Talked about my new favorite smoothies on another post. But I had to share my new favorite flavor~ Carrot+Chia it tastes like Fall in a smoothie! You can get three free smoothies HERE with code NESTINGWITHGRACE
I hope you have a great weekend! It felt like Fall in CT yesterday, looking forward to many days with the doors open and eating outside. Also PLEASE tell me your favorite book or one you just read. I need a new one!
I will be back Monday to answer your Design Questions!