My kids are BIG fans of hot chocolate! We like to make our hot chocolate from scratch rather than a packet, it just tastes better! We use milk when we make hot chocolate instead of water, and we think the easiest way to make hot chocolate is with a milk steamer. We have had probably 4 different milk steamers and finally invested in a large one that can hold 20 oz of liquid. While I like hot cocoa with cocoa powder, my kids aren’t fans of the taste, they say it tastes too rich and more dark chocolate tasting to them. I am sharing how my kids LOVE to make hot chocolate with chocolate chips! Also sharing our favorite milk steamer. By the way, do you call it hot chocolate or hot cocoa?? I feel like since we use actual chocolate chips rather than cocoa powder it warrants the name hot chocolate!
Hot Chocolate Recipe
- 1 cup milk any milk of choice, like oat milk
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips any chocolate of choice, we like milk
- 1 tsp truvia or any sweetener of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Add all ingredients to your milk steamer and hit the steam or hot cocoa button
- Pour in a mug and enjoy!
- Optional- top with marshmallows or marshmallow fluff!