I can’t wait to work on our family room in our new home! So many ideas churning through my head. I decided to put it on a design board, helps me sleep at night 😉 I knew the exact lights I wanted to buy, and was just waiting for them to go on sale. Well, today is the day, they are on sale! Along with other things I already have waiting in storage.
Below is the space I am talking about. I fell in love with these ceilings! I am trying to decide if we will leave the ceiling the wood stain or just leave the beams wood and the ceiling white. I know my walls will be white. And we are planning on painting the rock fireplace white, (it is just too much inside for me to leave the rock as-is). I think we will do the fireplace first then decide on ceiling.
Family Room Design Ideas
- Light Fixture– I think there are too many ceiling lights in the room. I would prefer to just do two of these oversized lights, in driftwood.
- Slipcovered Sofa– if we do keep the ceilings wood then I want a light sofa. I really like that this sofa is slipcover.
- Sequoia Pillow Cover– these are gorgeous! I like the touch of cream on the sofa.
- Round Black Coffee Table– the black contrast and the round shape of this table would work well in the room.
- Rhys Sherpa Chair– I have been on the hunt for a sherpa chair! I want to do two of them. Lots of texture is important to me in a space. (Target has similar version here).
- Velvet Sofa– not sure if this is for sure “the one”. I like how the sofa looks, like it was a vintage find. Something old mixed with new.
- Carmel Hand-Knotted Rug– also not sure if this is rug is “the one”, when I am pulling ideas I don’t look at price. I look for things I would love. Then, if I don’t want to pay that, I look for something similar. Hand-knotted rugs are more expensive. I have another hand knotted rug and it looks brand new, 8 years later!
- Baskets– lots of baskets for plants, storage and they double as decor!
- Tile– I put that in the plan, because I am wanting something like this for the kitchen backsplash, which is open to the family room, so it is good to remember as I work on the two spaces.
- Fireplace Rock will be painted white- below is an inspiration photo
Painted rock fireplace from @thistleharvest
I like how @janroach filled in the grout and made it look more like textured fireplace rather than painted rock
Serena & Lily Favorites-
I rounded up a lot of my favorites for the Serna & Lily Sale! Enjoy 20% off everything with code NEWLEAF
- Pacifica Outdoor Pendant– wanting these for our new home
- Capiz Honeycomb Chandelier– we had the 22″ over our dining table
- Breton Flushmount– we had three of these in our CT home, in the hall and bathrooms
- Headlands Bell Pendant– we had these over our island, the small
- Summerland Bell Pendant– considering the gray for our new house
- Poetto Vase– the prettiest vase!
- Costa X-Base Stool– we have two of these and they look good anywhere
- Dip-Dyed Oval Stool– I love these and use them all over!
- Hanging Chair– planning on hanging this in Lola’s room
- Venice Rattan Chair– fun accent chair
- Montecito Pillow Cover– timeless pillow, we have had for about 4 years and still love!
- West Beach Pillow Cover– I have one of these, and it makes a statement
- Baskets with lid– unique basket that fills the space and is a great accent piece for storage (comes in several styles)
Serena & Lily in our home-
Large basket, I bought on sale about a year ago. It either has a real tree in it or at Christmas I put our Christmas tree in it!
I have several of these hampers through our home. We mostly use them for dirty clothes. And one we used for the girls dolls. Great for toy storage!
White dipped stools are great to use by a tub, hold a plant or as a little side table. We also have these x-base stools, that we are using in our apartment now too! (oh and that light fixture is on sale too here)
We plan on hanging our hanging chairs again in our new home! Such a fun accent!
These glass jars are a favorite! And I get asked about them all the time!
This chair is actually comfortable! It is a good scale too.
So excited!!…demo starts on our new Utah house tomorrow! I will be back to share things we have done to our apartment also!