We grew up enjoying homemade ice cream all summer. Myself and all my siblings would get excited when we saw my dad bring out the homemade ice cream maker. But, it was a slow torture because it would take all day to make! We had the kind of ice cream maker that you use actual ice and rock salt. Loud and messy. But wow, it tasted so good. I personally love homemade ice cream right out of the ice cream maker, runny like a milkshake, the kind that you could use a straw if you wanted. Today I am sharing our new ice cream maker, and our four ingredient ice cream recipe, that only takes 30 minutes. Bonus, you make your ice cream right on your kitchen counter. It is a simple pleasure my kids really enjoy too!
Thank you Walmart for sponsoring this post
Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups mix-in's! crushed cookies, fresh smashed berries, chopped up candy or nuts, etc. *optional
- Prep your ice cream machine according to directions. Some machines require you to freeze the bowl first and others you will need to have ice and rock salt.
- Turn on machine and let it start to churn. Slowly add all ingredients into your ice cream maker bowl, while it is churning (we did not mix separately beforehand). Keep it churning until it looks like frozen yogurt (about 25-35 minutes). * Follow instructions for your specific machine.
- If you are adding in cookies or any mix-in's, wait until the last 10-15 minutes to add.
- If you want ice cream to be scoop-able you’ll want to freeze the mixture for at least a few hours.
- Dish into bowls when ready to serve. Add desired toppings and enjoy.