I love having recipes that you use just one time a year. for me, those are caramels and fudge. These sweet treats remind me of holiday seasons that have past and help me create memories with my family to carry into the future. Those memories become cherished traditions. If you don’t have holiday treats that are traditions in your home, I invite your to adopt ours. These foolproof candy recipes will make you feel like a superstar in the kitchen and become great gifts for friends and neighbors too!
I feel the need to warn you, both of these recipes are definitely INDULGENCES.
Last year, while visiting my friend’s home, she showed us on instagram how to make homemade caramels. I have been using her recipe for about ten years because it is so easy! So many people wanted this recipe that I thought it would be a fun Christmas Printable! Plus having it on my blog will make it so I never lose it!!
Home Made Caramels
- Heavy 3 QT pot
- Wooden spoon
- Candy Thermometer
- 1 cup Butter
- 2 1/4 cup Firmly Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Light Corn Syrup
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In Heavy Saucepan over medium heat, combine the butter, brown sugar, salt and sweetened condensed milk and corn syrup.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly
- Heat to between 234 and 240 degrees F
- Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla
- Line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper and pour the caramel into the pan.
- Cool completely in refrigerator
- Cut candy into 1" squares and wrap tightly in 3" wax paper squares.