Depending where you live, you might be thinking of ways you can enjoy your outdoor living space as long as possible! We live in Utah and we can already feel the weather changing, it’s getting cooler at night! And we are hosting a fun event end of September outside, so we are trying to get everything ready for that. I have 5 ways to help you enjoy your outdoor space longer, things that we did to our new outdoor space!
Thank you Walmart for sponsoring this post
1- Add More Lighting
It is starting to get darker early and earlier. Exterior lighting is a must! We hung these Outdoor String Lights around the edge of our patio.
Really easy to install with a staple gun, we made sure the staple gun was safe to use with the electrical wire, it curves around the wire. Just love the glow! And it is so fun to see the glow from inside too!
2- Heat Things Up!
An obvious choice is to add a Patio Heater to your outdoor space, to ensure you stay warm and cozy outside. We have never had an outdoor heater, always wanted one, but wasn’t sure which one was a good one to get. We tested ours the other night and it worked really well. We could feel it warm up our outdoor sitting space from both ends of the patio. We read that you want to make sure you have 3 feet of space around the heater from the furniture, walls and ceiling.
3- Buy Comfy Furniture that Lasts-
A favorite chair that holds up all year are these Adirondack Chair. We had a set in Connecticut and left them there for the new home owners. Just ordered these again for our Utah home. They are made of lifetime wood, so no need to repaint. They are very comfy chairs and we can leave outside and not stress they are getting damaged.
4- Add Evergreen Greenery-
I have gotten my boxwoods and cedar trees to last all year in Utah and Connecticut. Make sure to continue to water your trees that are in planters 3 times a week, even in the winter. If you are looking for planters, these are favorites! Make sure outdoor planters have a drainage hole, or it is easy to add one.
- Outdoor String Lights– vintage Edison style bulbs in a warm glow.
- White Planters– cute design on this planters, nice for an outdoor table.
- Set of three Planters– we have these on our front porch and actually had them in Connecticut too, great set! (I do suggest drilling a hole for drainage).
- Storage Box– we didn’t have a garage in Connecticut, so things like this were SO handy!!! We had a wood and a rattan one and both were damaged quickly a resin box like this is best!
- Outdoor Furniture Cover– I like a cover like this that you can put a lot of things under it and it doesn’t have to fit perfectly.
- Concrete Planter with wood base– I have used this planter in three different makeovers, looks good every where!
- Adirondack Chair– chairs you can leave out all year and not have to worry about.
- Patio Heater– this heater really works, must-have to enjoy outdoors longer! And look great when not in use.
Where do you live? Are you thinking about cooler months ahead?