It is that time of year when Christmas decor is down and our homes are left without the glow that we all love. Or that “hygge” feeling. If you aren’t sure what hygge is (pronounced hue-guh not hoo-gah). It is a Danish word used when acknowledging a feeling or moment, whether alone or with friends, at home or out, ordinary or extraordinary as cozy, charming or special. We can have that feeling all year round. Just add a couple of flameless candles, lamps and string lights! I rounded up some of my favorites lights!
- Flameless Taper Candles– these are in my bookcase and have a timer option!
- Bubble Strand Lights (mine are out of stock- these are similar) I have these hanging on my mantle. I just use a tiny nail to attach them
- Under Cabinet Charging Lights– if you don’t have under cabinet lights, these are a must! I am actually wanting them in my bookcase!
- Puck Light I have these in our bookcase and in the sconce above our window seat, all done with my magic light trick
- Flicker Candles are hands down my favorite battery operated candles! Natural looking flicker flame. Just gorgeous.
- Brass Base Table Lamp– super affordable and just a cute accent lamp
- Large Ceramic Table Lamp – great accent lamp for a larger space
- Pack of String Lights– these are the lights I put in my glass jars. I just hide the battery pack behind the jar
- Flameless Wax Candle, looked melted– I don’t have these…yet! But I like how they look just like real wax
- Decorative White Table Lamp – we have this affordable lamp on our entry piece!
- Desk Lamp– lamp that is on our piano. Very cute for a desk too.
Snapped some pictures as it started to get darker in the day and all the flameless battery operated lights started to flicker on. One of my favorite things is walking into a room and the soft glow is blazing, inviting may family in to spend time.
Once I stopped burning candles in our home I was sad to miss a tapper. I LOVE a tapper candle. So when I found this flameless option I was thrilled (they also can come on with a timer). Plus I couldn’t put a real tapper in a bookcase, that just isn’t safe! ha! (read more about why I don’t burn candles and diffuse instead here).
One of our goals and habits as a family is to do nightly scripture study. Towards the end of the year we start to lose that habit because we travel for the Holidays. So it is really nice to get back on track in this cozy space. Creating an environment that is calming, cozy, organized is so worth your time and attention. Never think it is in-vain or that it is not important. Notice how you behave and your family when the mood is set. I feel it.
Click on an image below to shop the post!