Hi, my name is Brooke, and I am a recovering candle addict. I loved the feeling of HYGGE they’d lend to my home. I always sort of knew that they were toxic, but I would allow myself the indulgence.
Imagine my excitement when I discovered that I can get the EXACT same cozy, warm atmosphere with a diffuser!
I started Essential Oils as a hope that they would help my daughter with her nervousness at night. We were desperate for a change, Kevin and I were out of ideas. She really was struggling to relax enough and being able to calm herself to go to bed. It was hard on her and our entire family. It’s typical that as we get older all the things we have to do and look forward to are hard to shut-off (for some of us). And the things we were doing and tools we were giving her did not work.
Now every night we fill u diffusers and sleep oils like Lavender and Peace & Calming. Happy to report Ella has not gotten out of her bed ONE TIME since starting this routine. Not once in three months. Compared to when she was coming down every night, 15 minutes after putting her to bed, saying that she couldn’t fall asleep and too much was in her mind. Then crying and us getting frustrated. Not anymore friends. If you struggle with this, I highly recommend trying Lavender in the diffuser and and giving your child a little massage on their back and feet with it.
Diffusers are not one size fits all. It is important to pay attention to how they work and how may square feet they cover. My favorite is an Ultrasonic Diffuser. These create a fine mist, that do not get any surrounding area wet.
Why Diffuse over burning candles?
Here is a complete round-up of the diffusers in my home-
#1- Young Living Aria Diffuser
- Remote Control
- Audio Cable with built in speaker
- 12 light settings
- COVERAGE AREA: Average-sized bedroom (about 430 square feet)
- OPERATION TIME: 12-hour maximum run time setting
- Capacity: 260 ml
- Find it HERE
This is my favorite diffuser!!! I love how it looks and how much you can smell the oils when you use it. By far the best quality. Worth the price if it is in your budget.
#2- Young Living Desert Mist Diffuser
- The diffuser’s 11 different light settings can be turned off or on independent of diffuser function.
- Capacity: 180 ml
- Coverage: 300 Sq Ft
- The diffuser includes a romantic candle-like flicker mode.
- The diffuser includes a light cycle mode, so colors transition gently from one to another.
- Three run modes are perfect for a customizable experience:
- High mode runs approximately 5 hours continuously.
- Low mode runs approximately 8 hours continuously.
- Intermittent mode (1 minute on/1 minute off) runs approximately 10 hours.
- Find it HERE
I really like this diffuser for many reasons. I like the “flicker” setting to resemble a candle. I like that it is easy for kids to operate and they can’t break it. Also travels well.
I took the cover off my desert mist diffuser and put it in a metal pumpkin!!! This is the extent of my halloween decor! ha! I did drill a hole in the back of the pumpkin so the cord comes out the back. You can find a similar metal pumpkin or lantern!
#3- Young Living Feather the Owl Diffuser
- Capacity: 165 ml water
- Coverage: 323 Sq ft
- Exclusive Easy-Touch Talons™ offer touch-sensitive power and light operation simple enough for kids to use
- Diffuses your favorite essential oils and works perfectly with Young Living’s KidScents essential oil blends
- Three run modes to customize your aromatic experience: High mode runs continuously for approximately 5-6 hours, Low mode runs continuously for approximately 8 hours, Intermittent mode runs for approximately 10 hours—1 minute on, 1 minute off
- Built-in speaker with five different sound variations: Rain, birds, ocean waves, fan, and lullaby (this is pretty quiet- not as loud as the Hatch Sound Machine)
- Ten different LED light options to fit any mood
- Night-light and white noise function independently of diffuser mode
- You can find it wholesale by grabbing a starter kit HERE)
I just love the look of this little diffuser. This is great for a kids room for many reasons. It has the soft night light glow. Soft sound machine. It can intermittently diffuse. And they can’t break it!
PS- this moon shelf is holding the oils in Finns room (obsessed with it!)
#4- Serene House Supernova Diffuser
- Coverage: up to 300 square Feet
- Run time: 7 hours continuous
- 7 LED light options rotating to static
- Find it HERE
I really like the look of this diffuser. A lot. I will say it doesn’t put off as much steam as I would like and smell. But I still like it.
#5- URPOWER Diffuser/ Humidifier Combo
- Is also a Humidifier
- Capacity: 500 ml
- Run Time: up to 17 hours run time.
- 7 color Led lights
- Find it HERE
I am a big fan of this super affordable diffuser. I like that it it is a humidifier too. And it holds a lot of water!!! We used to have it in Finns room, but the owl diffuser was just so much cuter. So I gave this one to Kevin to take to work!
Q: How long should I diffuse at one time?
A: While I’ve seen differing recommendations and times, I have never found any research to back those. Most of us run a diffuser until it shuts off. Some of us have had them going for years almost non-stop.
- Turn off and unplug your diffuser.
- Dip a cotton swab in rubbing alcohol and swab to clean all areas of the diffuser.
- Add essential oil of choice to the atomizer and diffuse away!
A: You can totally decide how to move forward with this. You can discontinue use of that oil and use others more pleasant to you. Many, many times this is the result of an emotional response. The body throws a hissy fit because the oil is triggering a release of emotions and you are not ready for change. This causes the oil to stink. Some choose to use the oil on their feet until it becomes more pleasant to help their bodies work through the needed changes. It may become a favorite! Up to you! It might also help to rename the oil! For instance if you don’t like the smell of Digize rename it to “tummy relief”!
If you want to get the best deal on essential oils and a diffuser head to THIS blog post to read more!