I am so excited to share that I have teamed up with Lowe’s to help one homeowner in my home town transform a room in their home and it could be YOU! Yes, that is right…I will help one homeowner transform an area that needs some updates in their home. I am thrilled to be apart of this great makeover just in time for the Holidays! I cant think of a better time to focus on getting our homes ready for family and friends to gather in.
I am a BIG believer that your surroundings really influence your behavior and attitude. Helping people with their homes gives me such joy, because I know the change it can make to their life. I have a really good friend who I admire so much. She was going through a hard time in her life with a hard divorce. It was really effecting her happiness. She had moved into an apartment and had a lot of great pieces of furniture, but also some things that she was just using because she had it. She asked me to come over and give her home a little “fluff” or “sprucing” up for a baby shower she was hosting.
I ended up using a lot of the amazing pieces she had collected over the years but also suggested she get a new sofa and a few other new pieces that she had the budget for. It ended up looking so fantastic with just a few changes. Even just cleaning up the pile of papers and coming up with a system for organizing. I am actually starting to tear up thinking about it. She was so appreciative and so vocal about telling me and everyone how the changes to her home I made really influenced her outlook on life. She became happier and realized that she could still be happy even with going through such hardships.
*UPDATE- SEE THE COMPLETED MAKEOVER HERE *
I think Lowe’s is such a great company to come up with this idea. This home makeover will brighten someones surroundings and all those that they invite into their home to enjoy it with them.
This is the main criteria for the person I will be selecting-
- The homeowner must live near my home town, Fairfield, CT-
- Be looking to fix up a space within their residence.
- Makeover project should be able to be completed within 48 hours.
- Must be the owner of your home.
- Be outgoing, energetic, and fun with unique stories to tell. (this does not have to be a sob story, just some background as to why you are wanting this home makeover).
- Be comfortable being on camera and/or interviewed by media.
- Be in need of expert design help…by yours truly.
- Be able to make quick decisions in order to keep tight timelines.
- Be available for a 2 day period to complete the makeover (September 16th through September 26th).
- Allow photos of your home to be shared online.
- Must be 21 years old to apply.
- Complete the online application form and agree to the Terms below.
- To apply visit – HERE