E-Design Plan Room Before-
Hi Brooke!Here are some pictures and a video of the extra bedroom/ office space. The rest of my house is well put together I swear 😆😆😆 but I can’t seem how to combine a office space and extra guest space. My husband works from home so this space is important to us. Another bummer about this room is that it is in our basement, I have attached a video of the room as well as a couple other pictures of our home. Thank you again Brooke!
Office/ Guest Room Design Inspiration-
- Navy Rug– I actually started with picking the rug. The reason I went with navy was because it was a good contrast with their carpet and navy is a very “Serena & Lily” color. If I were her I would do an 8×10 rug.
- Pillows– I imagined her keeping the white quilt and simple bedding. Just adding two large euro blue pillows and this plaid pillow in the center to go with the home office look. Also this space is a guest room/ home office for her husband, so I wanted to add in some masculine touches.
- Bed– a simple iron bed is great for a guest room, simple and goes with most any style and person
- Desk– It feels dark in the bedroom, so if they are in the market, a lighter desk with more storage might be a nice change
- Bookcase– with room needs some height. So I suggested adding the bookcase in the gold for a fun contrast
- Mirror– I didn’t get pictures of the entire room, but a guest room could always use a mirror and I liked how it pulled in the gold from the bookcase
- Art– art can be personal. But I think adding in some art that has more than just the navy and white would be nice. Like touches of green.
- Walls- the paint color they have the walls now is a pretty color, that totally works with these ideas I suggested.
These are just suggestions. If the blue rug I suggested is out of their budget they can look for one similar. But hopefully having an inspiration board is a good starting off point and they can take bits and pieces of what I suggested.
Serena & Lily Favorites- Friends & Family Sale
Friends & Family Sale Code- GUESTPREP for 20% off
Hampers with lid– these are worth the splurge if it is in your budget. We have a couple of them and they are absolute favorites.
White Quilt– this is an expensive quilt, but in all of my bedding purchases this quilt is hands-down the best
Step Stool– you can sometimes on a rare occasion find a knock-off stool at Home Goods, but the Serena is the cutest
Dipped Stools- I have a couple of these around the house, cute with a plant or a stack of books by a chair or in a bathroom.
Click on an image to shop the rest of the sale-