My mom makes the best egg rolls, she really makes everything so good. I attempted to make them the other night from memory for my family and not surprised my kids loved them too, even Finn! They are the easiest egg rolls to make and we bake them instead of fry. You could easily fry or even air fry this egg roll recipe. They are packed with veggies, protein and simple ingredients. My mom made them last night and to my surprise, they tasted really similar to what I made! Sharing the egg roll recipe with you today!
We also made soup to eat with our egg rolls, a Thai Coconut Peanut Soup…so good! Find that soup recipe HERE.
Easy Egg Roll Recipe
I have the recipe below, but I will walk you through the steps with photos first. Chop the cabbage, onions, celery and shredded carrots. Another quick option is to use a bag of shredded coleslaw.
After preparing the vegetables we cooked the ground turkey with the chopped onion and a little olive oil over medium heat. Once the meat was cooked we added soy sauce or coconut aminos, salt, pepper and all the chopped veggies, so they could soften up.
After the veggies soften we put them in a colander so they could cool down. And the best part… add a handful of chopped peanuts, my mom likes unsalted Spanish Peanuts. So good!
Once the egg roll filling has cooled we added them to the Spring Roll Shell. My mom likes the Wei-Chuan Shells and how thin they are. I have used Nasoya Egg Roll Wraps and we liked those too, just slightly thicker.
Lay the egg roll wrap on a diagonal and put the egg roll filling in the corner.
Then start to fold, tuck and roll!
Add a little egg wash to the corner so it attaches to the side of the egg roll.
Wash a little olive oil over the top. We didn’t have a brush to brush on the olive oil, so my Grandma just used her fingers to brush it on. Easy enough!
Ready to go into the oven! Or you could even put in an Air Fryer.
Egg Roll Recipe
- 2 cups Chopped Cabbage
- 1 cup Shredded Carrots
- 1 cup Chopped Onions
- 1/2 cup Celery
- 1/2 cup Spanish Peanuts (unsalted)
- 2 cups Ground Turkey
- 30 Spring Roll Shells
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce or Coconut Aminos
- 1 tsp salt (or more to taste)
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3 Chopped Garlic Cloves
- Over medium heat cook ground turkey and onions in a couple tablespoons of olive oil.
- Once meat is cooked add soy sauce or coconut aminos, salt, pepper, cabbage, onions, celery and cook over medium heat unitl soft.
- Take mixture off heat, add peanuts and put in a colander or in a bowl so the mixutre can cool down.
- Once mixture is cool add about a 1/3 cup of the mixutre to the spring roll wrap and roll the mixture into an egg roll shape.
- Dab the corner of the spring roll wrap with a little egg mixutre to seal the Spring Roll corner.
- Brush a little olive oil to the top of the egg rolls.
- Bake on 425 degrees for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Make this Thai Coconut Peanut Chicken Soup HERE to go with the Egg Rolls!