I entered these cookies in a baking contest and won 3rd place. It was maybe just for a small gathering of about 100 people, but they were a hit. I made them because they are my husbands favorite and his first words as a baby were “cookie” so he is an excellent judge.
We make these cookies all sorts of ways. But the favorite is with white chocolate chips, cranberries and nuts! But my kids like them just with semi-sweet chocolate chips!
Award Winning Honey and Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies-
Honey and Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2/3 cup unsalted cold butter
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cups oats regular or quick cook work fine
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Blend together- butter, brown sugar and honey until everything is fully combined
- Add in and mix- 1 egg and vanilla until the mixture becomes fluffy
- Stir in- flour, oats, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, cranberries, chocolate chips and nuts until fully combined
- Bake on an un-greased cookie sheet for 8-10 minutes at 350 F
** We also make them with 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips instead of the white chocolate chips and no cranberries.