Today I am sharing frequently asked for links and sources! Answering some most asked questions too! And sharing two projects we are going to be starting soon.
- Robe– this robe got SO many questions! It is out of stock and coming back in October, you can get an email when it comes back. Use code nesting30 for 30% off.
- Hindu Rope Plant– I have wanted this plant and can’t ever find in shops near me, so I went to Etsy and found it! Looks so great in person (see what it looks like below in our home)!
- Planter– the rattan touch won me over! Perfect planter for my new plants.
- Ruffle Blouse– perfect for Fall! I got my actual size, comes in other colors.
- Jeans with frayed edge– I shared the darker color on my Walmart Fall Favorites and they sold out! I do have these light wash jeans and they are very comfy and very affordable.
- Chalk Paint for Furniture (Spray version) (Quart version) (wax sealer)- this is always a TOP question in my DM’s. We have spray painted A LOT of furniture with this chalk paint spray paint, I don’t sand before unless the paint is chipped. But I highly recommend using the wax sealer to finish it off.
- Swiss cheese plant– another plant that is hard to find at stores. Love how this one came too!
- White workout top– I do spend a little more on my workout clothes because I get a lot of use out of them. If they are nice quality they will last me years even washing often! I did size up on this top.
- Workout shorts– these are my favorite, they come out with different colors and patterns often! I prefer the 2.5″ speed short and I do go up one size.
- My workout shoes– Kevin surprised me with these new shoes and they are very comfy! He got me me true size. Actually made from trash, these sneakers are an environmentally friendly!
- Flutter Habit Lashes– I have been using these for over a month and I LOVE them. Yes, you do have to use glue to apply them (wish they were toxic-free) but you use such a small amount I am ok with it. My mascara was melting off my face and I really don’t love taking the time to apply it (yes I know I can just not wear makeup) I just feel put together with lashes on! I love that they last 5-7 days on me. Buy them here and save 10% with my code Nesting10. They have great videos on how to apply on their website.
Finn’s daybed was damaged when we had our basement flood months ago. His daybed downstairs while our floors were getting refinished and the front rail was in the water…not a good combo, it warped. It got me thinking about new beds and how it would be really nice to have a bunkbed in his room. We do currently have a trundle under his daybed, but when it is pulled out there is no where to walk, making it hard to get around. We have guests monthly and often 4-5 people at a time. So….bunkbed it is! Here is our plan (hoping to start this week)-
We have really great neighbors who moved from Italy to CT about the same time we moved here too! They were one of the first people to invite us over to dinner (and made homemade Italian pizza!). Our kids are the same age and the younger girls were instant friends. Valentina told me they moved their bedrooms around and their master is in the smallest room now. The next day I text her and asked her if we could make it over for them! Below is the plan-
A few other FAQ’s-
Do you still like your Avocado Mattress? YES! I did not the first week, it was much firmer than the one we had before. Now I really like it! Read more about it here.
What printer do you have? We just got a new one because the one we have had for over 6 years just died (I jammed it with thick paper one too many times!). We got this printer and keep it in a cabinet in our kitchen. You can find a small version with great reviews here.
When is your wallpaper coming out? Soon! I just got the prototypes and they look SO good!!! It should be available to buy in a couple weeks!
How do you clean your outdoor cushions? We don’t take our outdoor cushions inside every time there is a storm or wind. We didn’t cover our deck so our outdoor cushions tare bound to get dirty, but I never worry about them! My favorite spot cleaner is my best friend for outdoor cushions! I just add a cap full of Thieves Cleaner and some hot water and my cushions are brand new again!
What Shampoo Do I Use? I read that about 98% of shampoo and conditioner have fragrance. You can check the rating of what you use on EWG or Think Dirty App, or search for the best before you buy! We love the Young Living Volumizing Lavender. The other thing that I should say is that I only wash my hair once a week. It can be a bit of a production and so I have gotten my hair used to a weekly cycle. Read more about switching out your household toxins in this post.
What is your favorite Diffuser? Our Favorite Diffuser is actually back in-stock! You can find out all about it on this post. I am also giving away my custom “Nesting Well” Sweatshirt with your starter kit purchase too!
Hope you have a great weekend! I will see you next week!