With each season change comes up a stack of treasured books. Our biggest book stacks are in the Fall and for Christmas. Without fail we always read more after new books show up. Even tho Ella is 10 she enjoys sitting for an illustrated book or she will read one to Finn. I actually look forward to the new/old books too. And we have a tradition that we buy a new book for the season.
I took a poll on Instagram and asked for everyone to share their favorite fall children books. I was surprised that there were many repeats I had never heard of! And many that we also have and love.
I complied the list to share with you! It was great because we added a couple new ones too and also read every book that I added to this list to make sure we loved it too!
#1- Room on a Broom by Julia Donaldson (most recommended! Movie is on Netflix too)
#3- Hallo-wiener by Dav Pilkey (a teacher recommended this and several others, kids love it!)
More Fall and Friday Favorites-
- SO many of you loved the dress I have on above. Like I have never had that many questions about an outfit! I reached out to Sonnet James for a coupon code! They are offering all my readers 50% off!!! Use code- Brooke50. Unfortunately they don’t have plans to restock the exact dress now. I also got THIS dress that I have worn a couple times (see it below) and LOVE it more than any dress ever. Pockets too. Shop all their fun dresses HERE.
(Started styling my bookshelves for a fun change! I think I am going to try color blocking!! Do you like the wood looking wallpaper behind my bookcases? Should I leave that?? Ps- Notice Finn put his binki in the glass jar 😂 too bad it wasn’t stuck!)
- I got THIS sweater in and I LOVE how it fits. I wear a small or a medium and sized to a medium.
- I have gotten asked about my eyelashes a couple of times and what I use to get them long. Certain Mascara? Rodan and Fields? I actually use THIS. I tried a different brand once and regretted it- I swear it made my eyelashes shorter! I will not us anything else again. ever.
- Speaking of beauty products. I have been using THIS on my hair right after I get out of the shower. I even brush my hair in the shower so all I have to do is lightly towel dry it. Then scrunch in that product with my hands. I swear my natural curls have never been better and I haven’t gotten asked as much about what I use before now! I also use THIS the next day to refresh the curls! (it smells amazing too!)
- Lola wanted pink on the tips of her hair. We used THIS that was semi- permanent. It lasted about a week. It was DARLING while it lasted. We will be able to get about three color treatments out of that one tube.
- Popped into Shop Terrain the other day. If you are ever around one I HIGHLY recommend stopping in. Just for inspiration alone. I always walk away inspired and excited about my home.
- I watched The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society on Netflix. It was so good and gorgeous to watch! So many of you recommended the book! I just finished listening to it on Audible. Took me a bit to get into it, but enjoy it! I was crying listening to several parts that were totally left off of the movie. Have you seen it or read it?
Hope you have a great Friday! I will be back tomorrow to share some Fall Fireplace Mantle decor ideas, I am making over my friends today!