We are in full-blown summer fun over here. My girls got out of school (finally) last week and we have been going non-stop. I still have been able to fit in blogging, one of my favorite things. It has helped to schedule activities later in the day so I can get some work done and my girls can do reading and math. I pulled together my favorite things from the week. The first is a different idea for your front door instead of a wreath.
You might remember what I put on my front door from THIS post. I did a basket on our front door instead of a wreath and this has been my favorite thing I have put on our front door ever. I put a potted daisy inside the basket. I actually forgot to water it 🙁 so right now I have nothing and I like it empty too. I also think having a really nice door knocker like MINE would be enough on a front door.
Another front door with a simple door knocker. You can find some of my favorite door knockers HERE
Loved this idea of fresh flowers in a basket on the front door! You could put a cup inside your basket to keep fresh flowers alive. This would also be so pretty for a party to dress up your front door. (Source The Inspired Room).
I noticed Liz Marie Blog did a basket like mine too. Looks like she just put cut flowers in her hanging basket. You could also do faux flowers instead of fresh to last longer.
Even simple flags are a fun idea for summer (source)
Below are some of my favorite hanging baskets that would great on front doors THIS one is my favorite.
A Few more favorite things-
- Have you seen pom pom blankets around Instagram and Pinterest? I have really wanted one, especially THIS one that is pricey (of course) but so amazing. I found THIS one that is a 1/3 the price.
- Custom egg stamps for the eggs right from your coop? YES! Such a great idea. If you are overflowing with eggs and frequently give them away you need THIS stamp.
- I talked about adding wallpaper behind our piano in our front room. You know I love temporary wallpaper, because it can be changed so easily! I asked for help on my Instagram stories a little bit ago and I had one selected until I came across THIS new wallpaper from Temperpaper that Genevieve Gorder designed for her new collection!
- I just got THESE sandals and they are the most comfortable sandals I have ever had. Maybe because they have extra cushioning.
- THIS nail polish is my favorite color and brand right now!
- I also picked up THIS shirt for the summer- I sized up and love the fit!
- I just finished watching Friday Night Lights on Netflix. I really enjoyed that series. Such a great show about family, friends and parenting. Do you guys get a little sad after a series ends? I do….so now tell me what to watch??
Wishing you all a great weekend! I will be back Monday to give my review on my jute rug in our front room, since we have had it for several months now, I can tell you what I really think (hint…it’s a good review).