I LOVE Fridays. I actually have something to love about everyday. Don’t you? But Fridays are typically my “house day”. I am getting projects done around the house. I do most the deep cleaning, washing sheets, de-cluttering from the mess we might have made from the week. The biggest mess is un-seen in the basement! I like to get the big chores done so we can play with the kids and have a fun weekend. Do you tackle projects and cleaning on Fridays? Or do you have one day that you do the deep cleaning? We do laundry all through the week and vacuum daily. Makes me super thankful for only 1100 square feet on cleaning days!
We have a big un-finished basement (that won’t be finished ever because of our flood zone). The tools are down there too and if we are working on projects they have just kind-of been thrown down there after. Kevin finally got a decent size tool box and that should keep everything more organized. And have been so much better about getting rid of things rather than taking to the basement thinking I might use it in our decor again. But still needs some work, huge improvement from what it was. I sell things I am not going to use anymore on local Facebook selling sites or to friends. Mostly I donate clothes to local shelters. Just started using Poshmark and sold a ton of Lululemon workout clothes I never wear!
Planning on sharing the basement with our “Small House Series” when I do our home! We also made the entrance to the basement a little nicer, excited to show you that next week!
Today I am sharing some of my simple favorites from the week!
I decided I have a new favorite flower. And I want to find it to plant in our yard! Astilbe, they are the flowers in the vase on our counter. Kevin brought home that little arrangement for me the other day and I separated the different flower styles into different vases. I don’t love to mix my flowers….it feels too formal in our house to make an arrangement. Do you do that too? (Still loving our new faucet, info on that HERE).
- Cover-Up- I couldn’t decide on just one! I ordered two swim suit cover-ups and then I can pick one when they arrive! THIS one and THIS one on sale! Now I just need a swim suit! ha.
- Pink Door– Most Lovely Things painted her front door PINK! It is so good. See what color she used HERE
- Book- Girl Wash Your Face HERE. Many of you suggested this book to me! I am only a quarter of the way in but I love it!
- Tank Top- I had a lot of questions when I wore THIS tank top. It says “Be You, Do You, For You.”
- Micro Blading- I got my eyebrows micro bladed last week and I LOVE them! I had told you last week that I did it a year and a half ago. It is something that needs to be touched up about every year (cost me $250 for touch-up). So worth it in my opinion. It doesn’t hurt much at all. Some areas were more sensitive, but not bad. The only thing is you can’t work out for 48 hours after (some say 10 days). I actually work out the day after but avoid heavy sweating. I have ZERO eyebrows, super light. This is a time saver and also saves me from looking like a dweeb in the summer when half my eyebrow melts off!
- New Glasses- I was sucked into getting new glasses. I have horrible vision -4.75 and always worry that I run out of contacts and cant find my glasses! My last pair I ordered from the same company and ended up costing around $100 with prescription! You can try 5 on at home! Just order off of their website the 5 you want to sample. After you pick one you can order them online and even submit your prescription. Find the company HERE. I quickly took these selfies when I was trying to decide. And might as well show you all! What glassed are your favorite for me?
#1- Sandlewood // #2- Tansley // #3- Hadley // #4- Laurel
- @allisonmannella duplicated our S’More Kit idea! I love that she used THIS picnic basket. Many of you have duplicated this too and have plans of giving it as a Mother’s Day gift or for a Teacher gift!
- @lesliedmorgan Re-created my little ribbon trick and did it so well! Also she layered TWO wreaths to make one large full wreath for a more affordable price!
🍞Hello! I truly love your IG account and blog! Your mom’s bread recipe has changed my life! My son has severe food allergies so we started making this bread recipe every other day so he has a safe bread to take for his sandwiches for school. I found it is also great to make and bring to families with new babies or any other big life event! Thank you again for sharing!
[email protected] says
Oh that makes me so happy for your son. What a blessing. Thanks for this. xxxx
My least favorite frames are #2. I’m leaning towards #1, but I like #4 as well.
I LOVE #3!! Think I may just have to get those for myself! Thank you for all you bring into our lives. You are a lovely young woman and you are so full of grace! Enjoy the upcoming weekend!
I have a design question. I have a vintage wall tapestry.
I have no clue how to decorate around it. It would be on our main wall in living room. Thanks in advance
You have such a cute face that all 4 look good but my favorite is #4. 🙂
I like the first glasses best! So I wore contacts (and sometimes glasses) from age 10-24. I can’t even imagine how much cash my mom has dropped for my very poor vision. I even got lenses that were “thinner” for an extra price since normal glasses were so thick. I finally decided to get laser eye surgery. It was painless and took less than 10 minutes. It was $5,000 but I honestly feel it was so worth it and the best money I could have spent on myself , especially considering I’d drop that within a couple years of continuing contacts and glasses. 6 years later and I still have better than perfect vision. I totally recommend you get it!!
All of the glasses look fabulous on you! My favs are #1 & # 3.
I recently purchased the fire pit you have and I love it! I can’t wait to roast marshmallows! I never thought I could have a fire pit on my small patio!! Thank you for sharing your home and showing that you don’t have to have a big home to have a beautiful home.
Astilbes are fantastic perennials. They like a shadier spot and grow well with hostas. You can get them in a variety of colors too!
Random question here, I’ve been making your mom’s bread All the time-so good. Have you ever made pizza crust with the dough? I look forward to all your posts!
I’m in the same boat as you – terrible eyesight. You’re absolutely adorable but, like me, all these frames are too large for your face. The bottom of the frame is level with the bottom of your nose. When I look at the pictures, I notice the glasses before I really see your face. Please, I say this with all kindness and I hope you take my opinion with the grace that was intended. I’ve gone through the same thing with Warby Parker. Everything I tried on at home was sent back. Not only are the frames huge but also thick and bulky-looking and overwhelm your pretty face. . Which is a shame because they are beautiful and seem to be durable. I finally broke down and went to a local optometrist and got frames that fit my face and heavy prescription. $650.00. No lie.
Annie Diamond says
Thanks for sharing our pink door! You’re the best! We love Warby Parker! Can’t wait to see which ones you choose!
Hope you have a beautiful weekend!
Love your chair swing. Can you tell me where you got it?
[email protected] says
It is here- https://rstyle.me/n/c39i7db5qwf
Debbie Tavares says
I love #1 eyeglasses on your face the color doesn’t overpower your face! Also love your front porch makeover love eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeww the painted steps looks like carpet great job
Glasses 3 and 4 are darling on you!