Last Friday I shared some of my new favorite home decor pieces from Target on the blog. Over on Instagram I posted some Instagram Stories as we shopped for the pieces, so you could see them “in person”. I actually rarely go to Target. Our church is next to Target, so I try to combine the activities. Ella had an activity on a Wednesday night so I took Finn and Lola with me to Target to kill the hour. Finn is at the age that he is really hard to take shopping. He wants to get out and walk. My girls would always sit quietly in the cart with a little snack. Not Finn. I was picking out a couple shirts for him and he was right behind me. I turned around and he had pulled a FLOOR pillow onto the floor and was laying on it. Of course I thought it was cute, as I think everything is cute he does. I shared that little video amongst the other Target videos of my favorites. I got this direct message from a reader- “I’ve taught me kids not to touch something that does not belong to them. Have to start when they are you. Not everyone thinks children are cute when they touch property and play with it.”
First of all, I get it. It wasn’t our best moment, but really it’s honest life.
PS- if you buy something at Target you should assume it has been on the floor. I do feel judging another mother and telling them how they should parent is never really called for. I shared this “not so nice” message because I want you to know that I do get these types of messages. And I am sure many of you have or you have gotten a mean stare at a store. I see you. I know you are doing your best. Sometimes the only time we can shop IS with our kid. Yes, we try to teach them, and wrangle them into carts BUT our first thought should be- “what can I do to help? Or she might have had the worse day of her life, so I am going to smile.” Give Grace. That is what I walked away with from this little interaction. At first I felt stupid and was going to take down the video and forget about it. And not post the rest of the week (dramatic much). But I decided to share it, because I wanted others to know that they are not alone.
And if you saw this on Instagram and sent me a kind message, thank you! Also if you sent me THIS instagram post of Neil Patrick Harris laying on top of a bunch of pillows at Target ON THE FLOOR. It made my day. Finn as an adult. Vindication.
Speaking of Target, I thought I would share some of my favorite places to shop ONLINE for home decor! Because truthfully that is where I mostly like to shop. Unless it is Good Will or an Antique store or a fun boutique type shop. I love a good shopping “experience”.
TARGET– I always shop online because their is typically always a coupon code you can use! And the store never has the best furniture pieces! Right now you can use code OCTOBER to save 15% off on a lot of the furniture I shared last week HERE.
Serena & Lily– A little more higher-end. But I love finding one or two investment pieces to mix in with my less expensive finds. Right now you can save 20% off everything with code HOMELOVE. (See more favorites at the end of this post).
Wayfair– This is a great resource- and they do sales often. There is a mixture of high and low end products.
Walmart– I keep seeing more and more on their website! They have things online that come from Wayfair and lot of other sources.
Good Will and Second Hand Shops- Obviously not online- but you can reach local Tag Sale sites in your area! This is where I sell bigger things and even smaller things sometime. (Read THIS post on a Thrifted Home for tips!).
Amazon– Good to remember to check here for items. I am getting better at it, because I always find options. Especially rugs and mirrors.
There are obviously way more. But those are just what come to mind right off. Hope that helps in y0ur online shopping!
Favorites from the week-
- Someone told me that my plant on the coffee table that is called a Calathea is also known as a Prayer Plant (you can find it online HERE). I was talking about it and saying that it is an “active” plant. In the morning the leaves are pointed down then in the evening they are pointing up. Another reason I LOVE plants. SO many analogies that tie into life. No matter what your religious beliefs you have to actively participate in life- rise up and praise what you believe is important.
- Everyone should take some candid photos in their home. Have a partner take them for you or set up a basic tripod. Just doing things you do everyday. Your life. You touching your loved ones. You touching your homes. The photos up above are photos I will cherish for years to come. Or if you notice that you are never in any of your photos encourage your partner to capture more photos of you. Yes! I really said that to Kevin. I can remember looking through photos of things we did on a weekend or vacation and their were hardly any candid photos of me and my kids. I had a ton of Kevin and the kids. Now Kevin is much better at snapping candid pictures of us.
- THESE gray 24″ pillow with fringe on my sofa above are on sale for 20% off too! Those pillows are by-far some of my favorites. Comes in two colors.
- Found THIS Sherpa Sweater from Old Navy- might be the coziest thing I have ever worn! It fits true to size. If you are between sizes I would size down. I have it on in the photo above. SO many of you bought it when I shared it last week. Snag it quick!
- My sister is coming on Monday and I can’t wait!! We going to go apple picking and make apple sauce after! She reminded me my mom used to add cinnamon red hots to the jars to make cinnamon apple sauce. Anyone remember or still do this??
- Do you watch Poldark? It is on PBS. I LOVE it so much. The new season just started. I am kind-of a prude when it comes to TV shows. I can’t do really any of the popular series like Game of Thrones, Orange is the New Black or even the Bachelor. Poldark is just good!
My favorite bedding is all on sale! 2o% off! (See how I make a fluffy bed HERE).
- I can’t say enough about THIS quilt. It is oversized so you might need to measure if you have a short mattress. It fits our bed perfectly.
- Also THIS duvet is linen and love all the colors.
- THESE shams are quilted in the front and extra cozy.
- We have THESE Linen sheets and the more we use them the softer they get. Linen get’s better with age.
- THIS chunky knit throw blanket is an investment piece. If you have the budget for it, now is the time when it is on sale.
- You can find my floral pillow HERE.
- Also that means our Hanging Chair is 20% off (see how we hung it HERE).PS- I can’t wait to take those window units out! Eye sore. But necessary evil. We don’t have central air. Instead we have three of those units that serve us well.
I hope you have a great weekend! I wanted to share a little weekend project my friend just did. A Free Little Library. She found a $10 cabinet online on her local FB Tag Sale site. Painted it, added a roof, a new handle and it was done! Maybe it will inspire you to tackle a project of you own. Even if it is just decluttering an area!
Serena & Lily– Friends & Family: Get 20% off everything with code HOMELOVE
Click on an image below to shop my favorites!