Friday Favorites! If you are new here this is a bunch of random things that caught my eye or happened this past week. I hope it is helpful and fun!
I have the cutest reader who messaged me after I shared the post about our bedding yesterday. She said that she had no idea that is what the ties were for on the inside of the duvet! Yes, they are there to keep your duvet in place! And her message reminded me that we all have something to share that we can walk away excited to try and implement. And to never feel stupid for not knowing it all. We just have to watch ONE person do something. That means that could be YOU teaching and sharing a bit of knowledge to make someones life easier or better. I wasn’t going to share this and actually didn’t tell anyone. I really avoid dwelling or focusing- shedding light on negative. But it just came into my mind. The day I planned to create the video for you about how I style our bed and make it fluffy. I got a DM on Instagram after one of my stories. The message said “such an annoying voice”. I was completely shocked that a human would send someone a message like that. My first thought was “oh no, my voice IS annoying”. I should stop doing videos and stories. I put my phone away and was done. Then later that day I opened my phone and a messaged popped up- I had received two of the kindest messages from readers saying how much they appreciate what I share. I knew it was God who put a bug in their ear and they acted on it (which is the biggest part). I did message that reader back. Saying that I sure hope she does not leave anymore comments on anyone else’s account like she did to me. It is not kind and it is harassment. She came back and said “oh sorry I didn’t mean to send that to you, I was drunk”. I blocked her. And moved on. Back to my point. ALL of us get these types of messages or negative thoughts. They will come at us if we are sharing. Do not listen. We are here for each other. To help and inspire. So keep sharing with each other- it will come full circle.
I had several readers want bedding tips for a King Bed! Most of the tips I shared on yesterdays blog post can apply to King Beds too. But I still wanted to share some pictures of King Bed pillows done right! I searched thru Pinterest and I have to say it was harder than I thought to find a King Bed done how I would do it. Don’t get me wrong there are SO many great ways to style a bed. I just wanted to share something that I would personally do! Also chatting about clips that could save you if your duvet does not include ties on the inside!
Some of my favorite ways to style pillows on a King Bed-
Jillian Harris has just two large Euros in the back, I typical like three on a king bed. BUT it works because the ruffle makes the euro shams feel larger! I LOVE every part of this bed styling. My favorite one I could find!
This is my clients second home in St.George Utah that I styled one weekend when I was in town. I tucked the two king shams in the back and layered three Euro Shams in the front. I also folded down the sheets, a look I love to do too. She didn’t have a quilt on the bed (very warm climate) so I left the duvet folded down to the bottom of the bed. Also added a throw to make it look a little fuller! (See my clients home HERE).
I did get some questions on TWIN Beds. For my daughters TWIN duvets. I used TWO Ikea Inserts (I talked about the inserts on THIS post). I wanted to share how I keep the two duvet insets in place. They have IKEA duvets that do not have the ties in each corner. You could sew ties in. Or use safety pins, but you run the risk of getting poked if they open up! I found THESE Duvet Clips and shared a short little video on how to use them (as per reader requests!).
More Favorite Things-
- Just started using THIS Water Meter for my Fiddle Leaf Fig upstairs. I don’t go up to this room too often so I felt like I needed to water it every time I went up there. After using the water meter I can tell I was watering too much. According to the Water Meter I should water the fig when it hits about 3 or 4 on the dry side. You never want the fiddle leaf fig to sit in water, so I don’t water too much at once. (See more of my plant tips HERE).
- I put a magic light in my sconce by the chair (I had installed it but kept forgetting to put magic lights in). I actually just hot glued the bottom of the magic light into the sconce because I was out of velcro. Find similar sconce HERE and if you missed it the Magic Light Trick HERE.
- Couldn’t resist THIS Chives Dishtowel for Spring. Favorite thing is to buy a new dishtowel with the change of the seasons.
- I have been listening to The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Upand have really liked it! I thought I had a pretty organized and tidy home, but have learned a lot and can’t wait to get started. Read it! I am going to do a blog post about the changes I made from it!
- Stopped into Old Navy and got THIS cute bell sleeve top and THIS was very cute, I might need to get it for Spring!
- I got THESE shoes and they fit great and look so cute! I am all about an easy slip-on shoe. They fit true to size
- Anthro Day is today! Save 20% off all full priced items at my favorite store Anthropolgie! THIS is my all time favorite candle and my mom’s too!
Serena & Lily is having a BIG Friends and Family Sale. Save 20% off everything (including sale). Below are some of my favorite pieces- (click on an image to shoip
Have a wonderful St. Patricks Day! Our local pizza shop makes a special corn-beef and cabbage pizza (sounds weird) it is so good! I look forward to it every year! Keep sharing with others and being YOU!
PS- If you are a blog subscriber I would love it if you took THIS 20 second Survey! There are only two questions~ hopefully it will help your experience here!