In our 1100 square foot home in Connecticut where we lived for 6 years, we had a large unfinished basement (that couldn’t ever be livable) that we used for storage, but no garage. In our now Utah home, we have the opposite, no storage room, but a big garage. I wanted to maximize the garage with hidden storage, and was thrilled when I found storage cabinets at Lowe’s. I also spotted some great gift ideas, some items we using daily. Sharing all that today!
Thank you Lowe’s for sponsoring this post
PS- get all the details on our garage HERE
If you are looking for gift ideas, or to get organized after the Holiday’s, Lowe’s is a great place to shop for local solutions to both those needs. One of our favorite brands from Lowe’s is EGO, our Leaf Blower is that brand, and it is rated the world’s most powerful leaf blower. If that person in your life doesn’t have a leaf blower, highly recommend it! We cleaned out our garage and used it instead of a broom, so much faster and works way better.
We just got these Steel Garage Cabinets and they make me SO HAPPY, it might be weird how excited I am about storage cabinets for our garage. We have that long wall in our garage, I knew we could maximize with a smart storage solution.
I am still trying to plan out exactly where everything will go and what will go in each cabinet. I want to keep extra decor, I save for bedroom makeovers. I try to donate things if I am not using it in our home now, but there are a few key things I save that I know will be great in a makeover.
One of that cabinets will have extra paint, love that they are strong enough to hold paint. Also there is a spot for a cord to go through making it a great charging station of all the batteries for our outdoor tools.
In a season of excess. It’s nice to have a plan of organization. This year as I set Christmas up, whatever we didn’t use, was given away. Either to friends and family or donated. Now all my totes are empty and ready to be repacked. I have a goal to pack things away a little more organized and careful. These Ornament Storage Totes-will be so great for storing my ornaments, a handful were found broken and I don’t want that to happen again.
Gift Ideas from Lowe’s-
- EGO Leaf Blower– this is one of our most used items and it is the world’s most powerful handheld blower. With air speeds up to 200 MPH!
- EGO Snowblower– we already had a snowblower, but if we didn’t we would get this one! We have the same brand in a lawn mower and have been happy with it. Nice to have the power and performance of gas-powered snow blowers without the noise, fuss, and fumes
- Plier Set– we were just looking for pliers the other day! This set includes three of the most essential pliers, ordered these for Kevin for Christmas.
- Tape Measure– never have enough tape measures, great stocking stuffer!
- Laser Level– we just got a laser level this year and have used it multiple times! Kevin actually put it on his gift guide. This 165 Ft. laser measure is a fully featured tool with an easy-to-read color display, great accuracy and reinforced housing for durability.
- Small Parts Organizer– another item I ordered for Kevin, we need to organize all our nails, hooks, screws etc.
- Work Table– thinking about this piece! This versatile table can hold up to 2000 pounds and can adjust in 1-inch increments from 32.8-inches high to 40.8-inches high.
- Steel Garage Cabinet– we just got three of these, and ordered one more for a long wall in our garage. I can’t wait to fill them!!! Planning on putting extra paint, batteries, one for bike helmets, another for extra decor, maybe plant supplies, my wheels are spinning!!
Storage Solutions from Lowe’s-
- Adjustable Overhead Garage Storage– considering ordering two of these for our garage. The heavy-duty steel overhead rack with double-layered wire grids can support up to 800 lbs. of bulky items, bins, seasonal décor and sports equipment…free up valuable garage floor space!
- Steel Storage Shelf– another storage solution, holds 16 square feet of elevated storage to clear your garage floor space.
- Ornament Storage Tote– love that it has an ornament divider for a quick and efficient method of storing holiday treasures.
- Storage Tote– nice that they are green and red, making it easy to spot Christmas totes in storage.
- Christmas Tree Storage Bag– we just got this Rolling Tree Bag to store our 9 ft artificial tree.
I will be back to share all of our garage organized hopefully soon! PS- get all the details on our garage HERE