I am excited to share this makeover today with you. About 4 months ago a sweet family in our community lost someone very dear. Jd, husband and father to five, was hit by a motorcycle right in front of his home. So heartbreaking. My good friend Kelly is neighbors with the family. I was talking to Kelly about the tragedy, wondering what we could do for Lindsey and her five kids, who are grieving. We decided to surprise them and makeover the first room you see when you walk into their home. The room that set’s the tone and feeling for what is to come. We wanted to give them a peaceful place to be.
Thank you Walmart for sponsoring this post
Living Room Before-
Living Room After-
Living Room Sources from Walmart-
- Sofa– the price of $365 can’t be beat! We were impressed with the comfort and style
- Patterned Pillows– such cute pillows, they have zippers, and we even left the insert that came in them
- Rug– 8×10 $296 washable rug
- Round Glass Coffee Table– $85, really so pretty and light airy look
- Arch Floor Lamp– love the texture this lamp adds to the room and warm glow
- Gold Mirror on piano– amazing mirror, reminds me of the Anthropologie one I have for a lot less $
- Faux Fur Rug– added this to the piano bench, adds coziness and texture
- Desk Lamp– I didn’t order this, but it would be a really nice piano light
- White Planter– cute planter for a plant
- Curtain Panels– we did two of these in four spots between each window
- Serenity Prayer Art– this spoke to me for this sweet family
- Blush Bungalow Art– gorgeous and brought in the colors in the rug and piano
Brooke, you outdid yourself with this room! What a huge impact the changes made! Love it!!
Brooke – you’re so awesome for doing this for Lindsey and her kids! I love this family! They are neighbors and good friends and I love to see good people like you helping them. ❤️
It is beautiful! It’s amazing what you can do with a room – you are so talented. I wanted to ask about the wax that you apply after the chalk paint. Does it need a certain amount of time to cure, or can the furniture be used right away?
[email protected] says
it dries pretty quickly! I am not sure if it needs a certain time, when I see it is dry I put stuff on it!
Linda Scott says
This room turned out great!! Tell me, which is more true to the colors of the area rugs, your photos or Walmart’s photos? I ask bc I really love the colors in your photos. The colors are great, but in the Walmart photo not so good for what I’m looking for. Thanks? I pray this family is finding peace as they move forward in their journey.
Wow, so beautiful. I love the piano now and the room looks so inviting and comfortable! So sorry to hear of their loss 🙁