I took a poll over on my Instagram, asking what you all want for Mother’s Day! Or want to give to a Mother in your life. First of all, I do want to acknowledge that some of us may want to be mothers and haven’t had the chance yet. We are aware of you. I linked to an article at the end of this post about how we as women can support and help those mothers who feel lost and unnoticed. Hopefully everyone will find this gift guide helpful in one way or another. I thought it was just fun to read what others want!!! I was cracking up at how similar SO many of the comments were. I posted your comments on what you want for Mothers Day, there were so many!! So I wrote down comments that were mentioned more than five times our of 1,000’s of you who commented.
Top Mother’s Day Requests-
- Sleep and alone time! I feel ya! I read a saying the other day “The best part of my day is being with my kids. And the other best part is when I am away from my kids.”
- Spa gift card for a manicure and pedicure or a massage
- Plants- so many of you want a houseplant instead of flowers. Or plants for your garden
- Wind Chimes
- Initial Necklace
- Apple Watch
- One-Step Volumizer Hair Dryer (I shared it the other day, find it HERE)
- Car detailed
- Slippers (this is my request too!)
- Gym clothes and shoes (I wound’t recommend giving this to someone who doesn’t currently workout:))
- Breakfast in Bed
- Diffuser and Oils (I saw this A LOT, obviously because you are my community and I share my oil and diffuser all the time and how much I love it!:))
- No Gifts- just a phone call from grown kids ♥️
- Sleep 💤
- Chairs by the pool
- Money and a trip to Target or Home Goods ALONE 🛒
- Fab Fit Fun Annual Subscription
- Mani and Pedicure 💅
- Mom coupons for kids to do chores
- A day of NO food prep, cleaning, chores- MOM DAY OFF!
- Beach Cruiser Bike
- Gardening Sheers
- Weighted Blanket
- “Brooke to fly in to decorate home” 🏡 two people said this and it made me smile
Mother’s Day Gift Guide-
Bamboo Wind Chimes – we recently hung wind chimes outside our front door and I love hearing them. I decided to hang them outside our back door too! Such a great gift for really anyone.
Initial Necklace – one of the most asked questions I get is where my initial necklace is from. Love it for a gift.
Garden Clippers – I didn’t realize I needed these too!!! Especially since I am always clipping branches from the yard for vases!
Mini White Diffuser – I am obsessed with diffusing. Found that cute mini ceramic diffuser (I ordered ASASP). No candles in this home (since January). Diffusing can support sleep, your mood and just enhance the environment. Some candles are as toxic as second-hand smoke, not to mention the perfume how disruptive it is for our bodies.
Diffuser Necklace – I got my girls, my sisters and friend all a diffuser necklace or a diffuser ring. All you do is put a drop of essential oil on the stone and you can smell it for at least 24 hours. Great way to smell good without perfume.
Diffuser and Oils – I think so many of you said you wanted this because you have seen me share about my love for oils and all they can replace in your life. (I am running a Mother’s Day promo on an oil starter kit HERE).
Hammock – LOVE this hammock! I wish I had a spot for a hammock. If you know someone who does then get them this!
Slippers – sent these slippers to Kevin for my Mother’s Day Gift (he just told me to order them, because he doesn’t like to get me a gift I know about- so I will wait to be surprised!)
Coupon Book – a coupon book is one of my favorite things to get. I remember always giving my parents these too.
Plant – I am team house plant over flowers. If you give flowers then it becomes a task for the recipient- to go find a vase and a spot for them to die a couple days later. Yes, a house plant is also a task to keep alive. BUT hopefully you recognize the person you are giving the house plant to can take on that task.
Outdoor Chairs – that time of year we are all looking to refresh our outdoor space. And honestly I bet all of us could think of a spot to put a couple outdoor chairs.
Hobnail Planters – for the plant lovers and for those looking to refresh their porch a planter is a good gift.
Beach Cruiser – YES!!! I have a beach cruiser and it was one of my best purchases. Family bike rides are our favorite.
Hope you enjoyed my Mother’s Day Gift Guide!
PS- I LOVED this short article on Mothers- “The Invisible Mother”. Good reminder that even as friends we can make the Mother’s around us feel noticed and important. Does not have to be your own mother.