Easiest recipe and SO good, Rock Road Bars! Take this to your next party and it will be a huge hit. I got this recipe from Debbie, a designer I used to work with. We did an annual cookie exchange every year and Debbie brought these Rocky Road Bars! At the cookie exchange we would have our warehouse team vote on their favorite and these Rocky Road Bars won one year! I just found the recipe when I was going through an old recipe book and decided it needed a printable and a blog post so we wouldn’t ever forget it!
Rocky Road Bar Recipe-
Chocolate, peanuts, peanut butter and marshmallows. Need I say more?? I am not really a marshmallow fan, but they make it light and add the perfect texture! I would say it is one of my favorite desserts.
You probably already have all the ingredients in your cupboard! Best part is you don’t need a candy thermometer to make these. Just melt your chocolate chips over low with peanut butter, take off heat and add the rest! Exact recipe below…
Rocky Road Bars
- 1 package milk or semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 package peanut butter or butterscotch chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 package miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups peanuts
- Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter over low heat, stirring constantly
- Once chocolate is melted, remove from heat
- Stir in marshmallows and peanuts
- Spread in a 9×13 pan, then refrigerate
- Once firm, cut into desired shape and enjoy!
You can make this two ways. We did it one way where we layered the marshmallows and peanuts in the bottom of the 9×13 pan then poured the chocolate over the top. It made it more of a hard chocolate bar, with marshmallows sticking out the bottom and not fully mixed in. Basically you can’t go wrong! Enjoy!