I think I would be okay if we never brought another toy into the house. Anyone else? Okay, okay, I will admit that it does bring me joy to watch Finn place his Paw Patrols on the crosses on his rug, so I am okay with some toys as long as they are well-loved and used. In my years of being a mom, though, I’ve noticed that MOST of the time my kids have more fun with activity or experience gifts! This year with all of us spending more time at our homes, there hasn’t been a better time to give the gift of time together and activities!
I complied some great gift ideas for Easter (that are in-stock if you order ASAP!) Or maybe you have a kids birthday coming up soon, like we do. This might help! If you have a bigger budget, because maybe your spring break vacation was canceled (like ours) and want to spend that money on something for your family, some of these ideas might work for a family gift!
I do want to recognize the real reason for Easter, the reason that gives us all hope. We follow along with Holy Week HERE.
Easter Gift Ideas-
Trampoline (we actually gave our tramp as an easter gift one year…the kids woke up to it in the yard!)
More Easter Gift Ideas that involve a #stayhome Activity-
- Friendship Bracelet Making Kit (this would be fun to either do together, or have your child do with a friend over a zoom call hang out!) Your child could make bracelets for the friends that they are missing during this time at home, and gift them! If you think your child would like that, you could also include some cute cards for them to write a note to go with the bracelet!
- Plant a Fairy Garden– I think fairy gardens are so magical and they spark so much imagination! Give the makings of one in an Easter basket, but make sure to spark their own creativity in making things from found-in-nature items, too!
- Outside Play- Sidewalk chalk, a giant bubble wand, and a jump rope come together for hours of play time outside. Help your kids soak up some vitamin D and burn off some energy while playing in the back yard!
- Dance Party- This light is an automatic party anytime you plug it in. Turn out the lights and crank up the music and jam out together! This would pair nicely with the disco ball that I use to catch the light and spray sparkles around the room!
- Get Active- Get outside and walk to your favorite local spot. For us, it’s the beach. We love to have shoes that are easy to spray sand off, so these shoes are perfect! Use a bike basket as the Easter basket and add in a pedometer. If you already track your steps, your child will love comparing day together.
- Movie Star- Let your little ones unleash their creativity and inner performer with this fun camera. It goes where they go so they can capture outdoor adventures, or their favorite tumbling trick!
- Build a Birdhouse– This is a fun way to give your kids an opportunity to use tools and build something that can be hung up and enjoyed! Once the birdhouse is up, they can observe nature in action.
Playset– Our family has loved our playset. I was slightly worried that they wouldn’t use it as often as I hoped, you know when you have something you don’t want it anymore?? Well, not the case. They play on the playset EVERYDAY!!! Best purchase. Even makes me thankful now because they closed all the parks in our area because of COVID19. Check out our post on our playset HERE.